I Love This Board, But...

amrush

I generally don't like to be perceived as bitching about a good thing. And Knobbe is a very good thing.

But the most obvious problem with this site is the fact that information for all versions of the game is spread all over the Hacking and Online forums.

Most of us regulars leave and come back, leave and come back, leave and come back, as our lives undulate in and out of playing and hacking this amazing game.

Every time I come back the one big downer is trying to figure out, post after post, whether someone is talking about TSB NES, or Super Tecmo Bowl, or TSB3. This site's been up for YEARS, and there's still no protocol - even among the hardcore regulars - to distinguish what version of the game they're talking about when they post.

I know most of the regulars are diehard NES guys. Great. As Norm MacDonald once said: Do your bug thing. Whatever. But this board is supposedly here for fans of all versions of this game.

So please do the Knobbe world a favor. Facing the stark reality that Rod has a life :) and won't undertake the massive task of reorganizing these two forums anytime soon, PLEASE mention in your post headers and/or your post body text what version of the game you're posting about.

There are several TSB gods here that I respect tremendously, until I unnecessarily waste some amount of my time trying to figure out which version of the game god is talking about.

Thank you for withstanding this mild blast. Carry on...

amrush

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, Me too. It is nice to drop by from time to time and check in though. I mean, I don't live up there in Minn (home of bitter cold, crumbling bridges and the better A. Peterson) and after a while there is only so much you can say about TSB. It is still funny to read all of your insane rantings.

well in the last six month's or so while you have been away you have missed the release of the 32 team rom (ow yea for the nes) by the great (cxrom) and a couple of great up dates to that chart and this is by farrrrrrrrrr the best tecmo site, and it's not just about the game here it's the community as well and yes there are a couple of smart a$$es here and there but you get that at the grocery store. I'll try to do a better job in my post to help the new members to the site saying if it's nes or snes. sup!!!

slig, by the way like the custom image that you have, did you do that yourself and if so could you help me do one? if so I'll email you a 32 team chart that I haven't posted yet that is tuff as nails w/ hacks and super juice still doing a few tweaks to it befor my release to the site, but if you don't punt in the game and take your feild goals when you can get them you'll lose. sup!!!

I generally don't like to be perceived as bitching about a good thing. And Knobbe is a very good thing.

But the most obvious problem with this site is the fact that information for all versions of the game is spread all over the Hacking and Online forums.

Most of us regulars leave and come back, leave and come back, leave and come back, as our lives undulate in and out of playing and hacking this amazing game.

Every time I come back the one big downer is trying to figure out, post after post, whether someone is talking about TSB NES, or Super Tecmo Bowl, or TSB3. This site's been up for YEARS, and there's still no protocol - even among the hardcore regulars - to distinguish what version of the game they're talking about when they post.

I know most of the regulars are diehard NES guys. Great. As Norm MacDonald once said: Do your bug thing. Whatever. But this board is supposedly here for fans of all versions of this game.

So please do the Knobbe world a favor. Facing the stark reality that Rod has a life :) and won't undertake the massive task of reorganizing these two forums anytime soon, PLEASE mention in your post headers and/or your post body text what version of the game you're posting about.

There are several TSB gods here that I respect tremendously, until I unnecessarily waste some amount of my time trying to figure out which version of the game god is talking about.

Thank you for withstanding this mild blast. Carry on...

amrush

I dunno, I always thought it was pretty obvious. If someone doesn't mention a version, it's usually the original. Plus usually about five lines into a post about SNES something will come up where you know it can't be about the original.

• 1 month later...

In the past it's been a very delicate balance. The problem with having everything seperated is that everything is very spread out. For instance, do you put the nes hacks under the nes section or the hack section? If the NES section, then where do you put the non-game hacks, etc.

However, this new forum software has some new features like sub-forums. I'll see what I can get going on seperating things out yet also keeping them in the same place.

• 5 weeks later...
slig, by the way like the custom image that you have, did you do that yourself and if so could you help me do one? if so I'll email you a 32 team chart that I haven't posted yet that is tuff as nails w/ hacks and super juice still doing a few tweaks to it befor my release to the site, but if you don't punt in the game and take your feild goals when you can get them you'll lose. sup!!!

Sorry to disappoint. A guy from the old tecmoinc.com forum made this for me back in 2001 or so. I've just never changed it, nor do I ever plan to.