current editors

cxrom

did anything ever come of this "all encompassing" editor with the helmets and such, i still struggle with editing those

Nope, if something like that was available this place would be overrun with tons of crappy roms made by idiots like me.

• 2 weeks later...

A few editions to some of the current editors would be nice. For example, FCEUX is a great emulator and hex/ppu editor, but if we could somehow add a graphics/tile editor, much like the one on nesticle with perhaps some of the same set-up as tile layer pro, to it that would be really nice.

Another thing that needs to happen is that the tiles in the graphics/tile editors need to be labeled via numbers/banks, etc... If this was the case finding and identifying where particular graphics are and being able to direct people to them would be so much easier. Having something that would then display these numbers on the screens themselves, or something kinda like the PPU Tables in FCEUX would be a really cool addition too. This kind of thing would make editing any and all graphics, including the helmets, easier and quicker for everyone.

Updating TSB Tool Supreme so it can handle the newer 32-team versions of TSB that have more code (all the options in the "Options" table) and possibly having somekind of software program that connects roster and/or depth chart data from websites such as NFL.com or Rivals.com (NCAA) so that rosters can be very easily copied and pasted into TSB Tool for extremely quick changes to rosters would really speed up the editing process and creation of new ROMS.

Updating and getting the bugs out of the Playbook Maker would be nice too, but obviously playbook editing is very complex. I have done quite a bit of it myself and the only things I would really like would be a way to direct the RB's and QB's to run ina particular way when receiving direct snaps via the shotgun. Right now they will only go the way that they do on the few fun plays that TSB has for them. Setting up any running plays out of shotgun (especially for the computer) is rather difficult with the limited options on where they run. If anyone could speed up the shotgun snap (it takes way too long to get to the QB), and if we could set-up hand-offs out of the shotgun (where the QB doesn't have to move back to the undercenter position before doing the handoff and where you can actually see the ball on the shotgun snap). An option play would be sweet, but that might be asking for a bit too much (speed option as a pass play with a running back as a pass receiver might be possible, but still tough to have as a good, smooth running play).

More IPS patches made that have some of the really cool hacks that people would like to possibly implement. These need to include some of the graphic hacks (kind of like the uniform hacks ips patch).

An option play would be sweet, but that might be asking for a bit too much (speed option as a pass play with a running back as a pass receiver might be possible, but still tough to have as a good, smooth running play).

I had that same thought. Problem is, you have to scroll to the right WR/RB and at the same time the RB is motoring outside to do his route to the flats. Even QB Eagles can't keep up with slow Keith Byars! I think you're on to something though. It's a possible solution somehow.