1. 1. What did you think of this rom?

• Fantastic
    • Really Good
    • Solid
    • Not Bad, but needs some improvement
    • Not that good
    • Really Bad
    • Worst Rom EVER MADE

I would like to thank GRG big time, because without him this rom would not have been possible. I used his original patch for the 2006 season, and he also changed the Falcons to the Lions for me, so a lot of credit goes to him and to whoever else helped design the original patch for the 2006 version.

Rosters are all updated by me, teams missing are the Falcons, Raiders, Browns, and Buccaneers...although I will likely want to make a new release at seasons' end that will change some teams (Bucs will make it in, Rams/Saints/Dolphins may find themselves out)

Most of the ratings are the same as for the beginning of the season, although I did change around some players/teams based on performances so far. Players who were hurt prior to seasons' start and IR'd are missing, but if a player was hurt week 1 and IR'd (i.e. Orlando Pace) they still remain.

Rosters should be correct as far is the players involved. A few teams have two halfbacks starting instead of a HB/FB if they run a two back set and don't really use a FB. Also, since every D on the game is a 3-4, I have some speedy defensive ends at outside linebacker.

Sim data varies from year to year, but for the most part it looks pretty realistic. The Colts and Pats seem to always be in the AFC title game, but the NFC has a good deal of parity, with NFC East teams (Dallas, Washington, Philly) seeming to be their the most often.

Playbooks are edited to be real (or at least close) to each teams philosophies (I wish the game had some I form plays though) As far as offenses, most run 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE. The exceptions are the Colts, Patriots, Cardinals, Broncos, Chiefs, and Rams who run a 3 WR offense, and the Lions who have a 4 WR offense.

The only thing I didn't change was the Pro Bowl, as I don't know how to, so the Pro Bowl spots are for the 2006 season. (I.E, Tony Ugoh is listed because Tarik Glenn was in the PB in 2006)

Enjoy! Feel free to leave any feedback, positive or negative. Always looking for ways to improve.

Tecmo 2007.zip

Huge fan of the SNES1 game! :D I voted solid on your effort, only on the fact that the game's player ratings are a little on the high side for my taste. It's better than any 2007 release out there, in my opinion. :twisted: It feels somewhat realistic when I was coaching. It's also good to see you did some play testing on this one before you released it. Another good thing is, that you focused on things like getting the schedule as accurate as possible, sim data and so on. Good job!!!! 8)

Huge fan of the SNES1 game! :D I voted solid on your effort, only on the fact that the game's player ratings are a little on the high side for my taste. It's better than any 2007 release out there, in my opinion. :twisted: It feels somewhat realistic when I was coaching. It's also good to see you did some play testing on this one before you released it. Another good thing is, that you focused on things like getting the schedule as accurate as possible, sim data and so on. Good job!!!! 8)

Thanks. I've always liked the SNES 1 version better than the original too.

Guest GoBlue2

I want to use this Rom (with adjusted ratings) for an updated SNES roster league that I'm looking to set up soon. I have a few questions..

It appears you changed the location of the kick returners back to normal locations, rather than having set returners at DB5 and DB6 so you don't have to worry about their MS (if they can only return kicks, their MS can't be utilized in game situations). Why did you do this? Is it possible to change back?

Also, how do I get a hold of GRG? I don't like that Peyton Manning thing at the opening of the Rom, I was going to see if he could just change it back to the original logo.

Also, I was going to ask permission to use the Rom for the league. I'm currently in SOTL, the only SNES league, but it uses classic rosters. EdRex (the commish) was talking about running an updated roster league, but it appears his interest in being a commish has dwindled. Therefore I thought I would take the reigns over, have him help me with the website, and get this thing going. Your Rom came at a perfect time, and I'd appreciate it if I could use it.

I want to use this Rom (with adjusted ratings) for an updated SNES roster league that I'm looking to set up soon. I have a few questions..

It appears you changed the location of the kick returners back to normal locations, rather than having set returners at DB5 and DB6 so you don't have to worry about their MS (if they can only return kicks, their MS can't be utilized in game situations). Why did you do this? Is it possible to change back?

Also, how do I get a hold of GRG? I don't like that Peyton Manning thing at the opening of the Rom, I was going to see if he could just change it back to the original logo.

Also, I was going to ask permission to use the Rom for the league. I'm currently in SOTL, the only SNES league, but it uses classic rosters. EdRex (the commish) was talking about running an updated roster league, but it appears his interest in being a commish has dwindled. Therefore I thought I would take the reigns over, have him help me with the website, and get this thing going. Your Rom came at a perfect time, and I'd appreciate it if I could use it.

With kick returners, I just made it so it was realistic. With TSB_Tool you can put the KR positions anywhere, so that can be changed.

If you'd like to use my game, go ahead and do it. I have no problem with that.

Here's your rom with graphic work I did at the end of last year, in preparation for this year. It has a different opening picture along with twon minor changes to the football field. I added the XLII logo along with the AFC and NFC symbols to the field. Use them if you like! :twisted:

That's some good work there. Although as a Colts fan I must say I am partial to the Manning head lol.

Here's your rom with graphic work I did at the end of last year, in preparation for this year. It has a different opening picture along with twon minor changes to the football field. I added the XLII logo along with the AFC and NFC symbols to the field. Use them if you like! :twisted:

That's some good work there. Although as a Colts fan I must say I am partial to the Manning head lol.

I did that also! 8)

With kick returners, I just made it so it was realistic. With TSB_Tool you can put the KR positions anywhere, so that can be changed.

If only that was true. Something within the game seems to freak when you assign players like the reserves or any irregular type of players to the KR team (it didn't happen every time I did this). You'll notice things lke the WR playing QB when using the team during gameplay. If there is some kind of logic to where this could work, I'd love to find out how - would be perfect to put speedsters like Hester on the KR team as a reserve player.

Not true haha. I just got crazy busy, should get better by December - I've actually been working on this behind the scenes here :twisted:.

With kick returners, I just made it so it was realistic. With TSB_Tool you can put the KR positions anywhere, so that can be changed

If only that was true. Something within the game seems to freak when you assign players like the reserves or any irregular type of players to the KR team (it didn't happen every time I did this). You'll notice things lke the WR playing QB when using the team during gameplay. If there is some kind of logic to where this could work, I'd love to find out how - would be perfect to put speedsters like Hester on the KR team as a reserve player.]

I did notice problems like that, but I managed to screw around with it and figure out how to get the teams to normal.

Yeah, I was just messing around with it myself and I think I found a way around the reserve player problem anyway. I put Hester (a defense reserve player) at the third spot on the return team, and the game freaked, but when I put him at the first spot, everything seemed fine. More testing on this would be great.

Yeah, I was just messing around with it myself and I think I found a way around the reserve player problem anyway. I put Hester (a defense reserve player) at the third spot on the return team, and the game freaked, but when I put him at the first spot, everything seemed fine. More testing on this would be great.

I had multiple problems, but got around all of them.

For example, the 2nd RB's carries all went to the #3 WR. Also, the #4 WR would always be in instead of the #1 WR. Then, one where the #1 WR would be the QB, and still be at WR...so I was able to throw a Hines Ward to Hines Ward TD pass.

I actually have been working on a 2007 SNES rom with the 28 original teams (except oilers are the titans). I have everything done except large helmets and team word logos.

Not sure why, but I hate cutting out teams, so since we are forced to, I chose to keep it as close to the original game as possible and leave off the expansion teams that weren't originally on the game...

In the end, I'm just glad that people are still attempting to make SNES roms, as it's my favorite version of the game, and the netplay is 100% perfect with ZSNES...

The change left that I'd want to make, remove Miami and remove St. Louis...Buccaneers will definetly need to find a way in, since they're the best team in that sorry division. And....the Raiders or Browns I suppose take the Phins slot. Although Cleveland would probably be easy to helmet edit...since it's a blank orange helmet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...