Find it here:

Tecmo Super Bowl 42

================================================================

TSB42 - TECMO SUPER BOWL III [October 2007 Release]

by slim_jimmy7 & johnz1

Presented by TecmoBuilders

================================================================

== TWO ROMS, 32 TEAMS ==

ROM #1 excludes the Baltimore Ravens and the New Orleans Saints.

ROM #2 excludes the Detroit Lions and the Houston Texans.

== ROSTERS & RATINGS == [by johnz1]

All players and teams have been updated up to October 2007.

The ratings system is basically a modified even teams rom. Almost every player has the same stats (per position). There are three exceptions:

1) Offensive skill players (QB, RB, WR, TE) are either a Backup or a Starter. Obviously the ratings for a Starter player are better than a Backup. Not all backups in the game are given the Backup rating, because in Tecmo and in the NFL there are good players that are on the bench.

2) For every position (except Offensive Linemen, they are all the same), there are Star and Superstar players. Again, the Superstar players have better ratings than the Stars.

3) There are some players with special skills: L.Tomlinson and B.Westbrook have a better Receiving rating than other RB's, McNair has higher Hitting Power than other QB's, and Vince Young basically runs like a running back. There are many other ratings changes like these.

This is a simple system that is very easy to update because all you really have to do is put players into categories: Superstar > Star > Starter > Backup.

Why make a rom this way?

1. Simple to update and maintain, year after year.

2. Tends to make teams more even and the game more fair. Bad teams aren't that bad and great teams aren't impossible to defeat.

== GRAPHICS == [by slim_jimmy7 + RaiderKtulu]

This ROM is based off of RaiderKtulu's updated uniforms and logos ROM. From there, slim_jimmy7 moved around some teams to create the Ravens and Texans. Also, other team logos, uniforms, and helmets have been updated. Some of the player photos have also been updated. The following players have updated photos: JP Losman, Trent Green, Tom Brady, Chad Pennington, Derek Anderson, Jay Cutler, Damon Huard, Daunte Culpepper, Phillip Rivers, L. Tomlinson, Tony Romo, Donovan McNabb, Tarvaris Jackson, Joey Harrington, Stephen Jackson, Alex Smith.

== SIMULATION RATINGS & FREE AGENT POINTS == [by slim_jimmy7]

Players free agent points are based on three things: Money, Superstar Status, and importance to the team (for example: it is hard to get Alexander away from the Seahawks).

Every player's simulation ratings and free agent points have been updated. This makes simming more realistic. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady will probably put up huge numbers, and the QB for the Vikings probably won't.

== SCHEDULE == [by slim_jimmy7]

The regular season schedule has been updated to the 2007 NFL year. There are some deviations however because we have two missing teams per rom.

== PLAYBOOKS == [by johnz1]

Every team's playbook has been redone to better suit their 2007 play style. This accommodates for shotgun offenses, running quarterbacks, WR running plays, and trick plays. Unfortunately, not all the plays save correctly in TSB3m, so some of the plays couldn't be changed.

== DEFENSIVE FORMATIONS == [by slim_jimmy7]

All teams have the proper defensive formations, as of September 2007. Every team uses a 4-3 defense except Cleveland, Dallas, Miami, New England, New York Jets, Pittsburgh, San Diego, and San Francisco.

== FUTURE RELEASES ==

There might be an update released sometime before the playoffs.

== THANK YOU'S ==

Big thanks go out to everyone who has contributed to the Tecmo scene, specifically:

-RaiderKtulu (TSBIII graphics guru)

-Flash EmuWare (for the easy to use TSB Managers)

-amrush (for TSBIII hacking, specifically cracking the defensive formations)

-cuppettcj (for TSBIII hacking, specifically cracking the simulation values)

-Rod Woodson (for his dedication to running Knobbe.org)

• 2 weeks later...

Johnz1 does most of the rating but his rationale is that he thinks the game was too offensive minded, and is making it a little harder to dominate the game with the equivalent of an Emmitt Smith of this version.

Some people like it, some people hate it, we meant to add a second ratings system for the game (one that followed more of the original) we ran out of time (we didn't want to release it in December). Next year if we get some more help we should be able to have two different styles of gameplay.

I started my season over and whatever happened did not happen this time, all seems OK.

You did an amazing job with this rom.

Is it possible to edit the lineups? If it's possible to make it so if I can change the I formation without having it change all the other formations, that would be sweet!!

I just wish I could speed the game up a little. It seems so slowwww.

I figured out how to make it move a little fast without sacrificing the gameplay.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks! I wonder if this is going to work on my PSP, currently playing all TSBs this way. I will try it and will post the results.

Also, sorry for bringing this up again, im hoping there will a TSBTool for TSB3, is this even possible for this game and is anyone out there working on creating this?

Thanks a million!

I would like to try out playing one of you guys online if at all possible. I am currently using TSB 42. I am not sure how to set it up or how to go about it. If anyone is interested I can play pretty much anytime. I will need some help to set up my computer. I am using the zsnes emulator. Thanks guys!!!

I would like to try out playing one of you guys online if at all possible. I am currently using TSB 42. I am not sure how to set it up or how to go about it. If anyone is interested I can play pretty much anytime. I will need some help to set up my computer. I am using the zsnes emulator. Thanks guys!!!

I go strctly with snes9x and coach mode, if that can be done, lets go!!