Most Complete Emulator-Rom Combo

philleyOphish

After using all the different Emulators out there...I have really fallen in love with the Rocknes X Emulator. Its windows based, very clean, easy to use, Netplay ability (although haven't been able to use properly) and seems to emulate the games just about as good as any of 'em. The other thing I like is that it puts all the roms on one easy to read page. Download the package and let me know what you think....and if there is an emulator out there that you like better, let me know which one is your favorite.

This package comes with 69 different tecmo roms as well. It even includes Drummers 07 final rom and juiced version.

The file is too big to post...so you have to visit my link: http://www.tecmosb.com/Downloads/Comple ... cknesX.zip

or just go to http://www.tecmosb.com, click the icon and click under "Complete Packages"

No one wants to sort through that many roms.

did you download it? you don't really have to sort through anything because it lists everything right there for you. I find it pretty easy. Instead in other roms I was having to sort through them all, but didn't have an easy to read screen that lays them all out. It also lists if the roms has a battery for remembering stats and your progress if you quit or reset the rom...just like the original.

I like it

Thanks. Is it better or worse than any of the emulators that you are using now?

Also, anyone who's savy with playing online...I was able to connect to another computer...but It listed us both as player 1. can anyone help with this? Anyone have any other experience with this rom?

It seems like people have abandoned this emulator for other versions...and I'm not sure why.

the emulator seems to run just a tad slow for some reason,dont know why.

I have noticed some "clipping", but only during kickoffs and punts. I checked other emulators and they all seem to have something similar. some more appearant that others.

btw, drummer....I love your 2007 Juiced version. Super fun.

Thx philly i been updating the rosters still as players are being cut and signed. Like bye bye charlie frye!

Yeah, I think I'm done with the updating of the 07 rom. Its great the way it is. A few roster changes isn't going to kill anything....and I want to continue a season all the way through before updating it again. Maybe a midseason release with slightly different stats might be kool. Like if Larry Johnson for whatever reason just tanks this year and can't get it going....maybe drop his MS down a notch. And if Rex Grossman continues to play bad...but is still the started, drop him down on the PC.....and if Moss continues to catch 9 balls for 181 yds and a TD, maybe step up his Catching a notch....and so on. That might take some time...Or, a season end edit.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for putting together that package, saved me some time in transferring stuff to my new Mac.

Do you want me to send you more ROMs to post? I have multiple versions of a lot of different years and the like.

Your welcome. Yeah, if you got some roms that you don't see listed, post 'em up. I'll see what you got, and if it makes sense....I'll add 'em.

Where is the list of which ones have battery backup?

If you open RockNesX, and have all your roms loaded......it says under "battery" which ones have "YES" and "NO".

I think distributing roms packaged with emulators is illegal... not sure. I remember reading that somewhere... might want to look into it before we get bit in the ass for it.

bah humbug.

actually its illegal to play any rom wheather or not your have the original cartridge or not.

there is a "backup" rule that may apply, (which these are :wink: ) but the rules are very narrow.

basically everything that is this site, making roms, different years, nes tools, emulators is illegal.

doesn't really matter how its packaged.

from what i see, there are many sites that break the law much worse that this one....it would be hard to come down on this site before you hit the 1000s of bigger sites first.

its kinda like.....in Chicago, if you are J-walking....they're not really going to mess with you until all the murderers and kidnappers and rapists get taken care of first...

...were the J-Walkers.