TSBTool Question - I think I'm stuck in the past?

kingsoby1

• 3 weeks later...
Is TSBTool better than TSBM? I haven't rated a rom in a while, and I'm wondering if there's a way I can input a spreadsheet directly into TSBTool, rather than manual entry into TSBM (painstakingly long and error ridden).

TSBTool was made with the intent that it would be easy to import data from spreadsheets.

Depending on your spreadsheet format, it might take anywhere from 5 minutes to a half hour to get the text in TSBTool's format. You'll first need to save in .csv format.

Tips:

Format="QB1, qb BILLS, Face=0x52, #0, 25, 69, 13, 13, 56, 81, 81, 81 ,[3, 12, 3 ]"

1. Get the data as close to TSBtool's format as possible in excel.

2. If you separate first and last name in the spreadsheet, insert a column between them and fill down with a special character (like %). Then when you export the data to a csv file you can do a global replace on ',%,' with ' '(space)).

3. The latest version (beta) of TSBTool has a feature called 'Delete trailing commas' under it's view menu. You can use this to delete any of those pesky commas at the end of the lines.

You can use tricks like the one above (#2) to massage the data pretty quickly, then go over it with your eyes to make sure it looks good. TSBTool will report errors when it finds them and will not modify any ROM until you hit 'Apply to ROM'.

• 1 month later...

ok question

ive had this problem b4, and someone presented me with the same problem

we have a previously used tecmophile rom(screws all abbreviations up for the teams)

so what i did was loaded the rom up with tsbtool

extracted data

it all APPEARS right

unfortunately i dont see anything in there about switching team ids....BILLS = BUF

so everything showed up right, applied to a new rom and still the jacked up ids came with it

any simple fix bad_al?

thanks in advance

canes