Grappling

TomTupa

Has anyone noticed that a defensive grapple is easier to win? I can almost always win a grapple on defense, but against certain guys I can never win on offense. There must be something in the code that makes the defender have the advantage.

Don't forget to take HP into account. I've always found it easier to win grapples when the guy you're controlling has high HP.

Just keep it in your mind the next few games when you and your opponent are equal in grappling.

It might be an illusion because the defensive guy is likely already hitting A before he gets to you whereas the offensive player is not. I sometimes lose sack grapples as the QB cuz I'm just not expecting a grapple to happen yet and it's too late to recover.

It also seems like the more grapples you win on one play, and the longer the grapples take, the more likely your player is to fumble when he finally gets tackled.

I totally agree with this. If you break 5 or 6 tackles on a run you are looking for the sideline because you just KNOW you are going to fumble, and you usually do. I know you have a certain fumble % based on your BC, but maybe every time you grapple it adds on additional % chances that you will fumble.