NFL TECMO BOWL 2007

drummer4god

no... only roms that make no sense. im sorry if you dont like constructive criticism from someone that actually knows what they're doing - or even tomtupa's constructive criticism (sorry tomtupa, not to say you dont know what you're doing, just trying to stress that d4god is being a crybaby).

if you dont think 75ms makes devin hester one of the best wrs on the rom, then you really know nothing about this game. did you know that a qb with 69 or better PS can throw to a wr with 63 or higher MS on a fly pattern, and even covered, the wr can still beat the defender? THAT'S why high MS makes a player overpowered.

Hey no offense taken, since you only backed up the point I had already made.

This is what happens when you try to mix Madden with Tecmo. They're polar opposites. As oil and water are both liquid but don't mix, Madden and Tecmo are both football games yet can never (or should never) be joined in any way.

I don't consider it fine when I can run for 1000 yards with Vince Young (while maintaining +100 qb rating), receive for 2000 yards with Devin Hester, and run for 3000 with Reggie Bush... man vs man season.

Whatever.

Ah, my 2000th post.

it doesnt really matter if devin hester has 100 in ms if he cant catch well enough then he's a suspect now if devin put up some awesome numbers then u can say he is the best. like randy moss before the injury of 2004 it was mentioned that he would've surpassed the 99 speed limit on madden games. rumored to have been a 105 in speed but moss had the catching ability to go with his speed to make him one of the best if not the best. hester could be the best if he can produce at least 80 catches this season but, if he has average catching ability on tsb and when the later weeks come expect him to be picked off a good bunch if covered even by the crappy defenders.

hester could be the best if he can produce at least 80 catches this season but, if he has average catching ability on tsb and when the later weeks come expect him to be picked off a good bunch if covered even by the crappy defenders.

Hester is a limited play WR. He's only going to see 10 plays per game because he is so valueable as a KR and PR. so, expect maybe 30 catches this seaon. Don't forget the Bears already have some fast good WRs. Berrian, Muhammad and Bradley are very good. and their new TE Greg Olsen is supposed to be the next Shockey, but faster.

Here's my team of nonsensical all-stars:

WR3 - Ted Ginn Jr.

He's comming along so well during camp and during drills so far that the Dolphins are thinking of trading away the Pro Bowl WR Chris Chambers because they have enough WRs.

Its hard because with him and hester....its like...how do you rate the good KR and PR players? they have to be fast. it you want to use the bears and hester at KR and PR...what do you rate him at 38ms because he's a rookie and have to return with benson? what do you suggest that we rate the fast KRs at? 56?

Well in a non hacked rom it's the speed of the RT that determines the KR speed. So it be better just to set the RT speed according to the speed of the KR game since the RT speed has negligible effect on any other part of the game.

I'd suggest not using the KR hack on drummers rom b/c he didn't really create KR/PR only type players. Otherwise every team has an awesome kr game pretty much.

To rate the good kr an pr players you make separate players that are only kr/pr players and then use the dedicated kr/pr hack.

Of those qb's listed im pretty much in agreement. Garcia is MAYBE the only one that deserves anything beyond 13ms. Even that is questionable. Alex Smith,Brees Harrington definitely not. Mcnabb will be limited in his rushing with all of his injuries.

like i said soby, i do not care if you agree with my ratings or not, so what would you rate the ms of your camel? :roll:

Racism is so funny!

Also, I'm saying Devin Hester is amazing because 44 rec is actually serviceable. With most 44pc+ QBs, it's hard to drop passes with anything more than 19 rec. Note Sam Graddy on the original NES rom... 63ms, 19re... and he's STILL overpowered, especially when he did nothing that year in the NFL and was just a KR/PR. Like bruddog said, there are better ways of implementing KR and PR speed... I sat down and played around with this rom for a few minutes with Reggie Bush as my KR, running circles around the Chicago kickoff team (their defense fyi, supposedly one the best in the NFL last year so I heard). That's just plain ridiculous.

The rom is not good. It's not nearly as bad as your first effort with a near direct translation of madden ratings... but it's still not good. Learn to take criticism; it's just a video game. Taking criticism into account and making things better is a trait that most successful people have.

Critisism is one thing. Having someone like you dog every rom i have ever done is uncalled for. By the way have you ever worked for tecmo? I do not care if you like my rom. So do some dont. I just dont REALLY care if YOU do or not. You think you are all that and you are not. So go and do some snake charming and see what the cobra's ms and hp will be when it figures out who you are and bites your egotistical self. jesuscomicsoby.jpg

Hi there!

Not liking what someone has to say?

Sick of the same nagging?

Well, why not check out the new forum feature under the control panel: friend/foes.

Make that other guy simply disappear with the click of a button!

Brought to you by, phpBB3, devin hester, and the letter P.

I dont want your help! I like my rom the way it is! I dont want your watered down slow as molasses rating on my rom. Every number on my rom is within the original rom's #'s look for yourself. You are not a tecmo god with ratings power. Go slander someone else's rom. I like mine just the way it is!...............................And some like it!!!!!!! So that's all that matters. i dont care if you like it........And i approve this message! And i am not a hateful person just tired of your banter. That your roms are the "BOMB" and everyone else's is crap. LOL get a life. The original rom isn't perfect. BYE NOW!

Seriously dude, I'm not making fun of you as a person or attacking you. It's too bad you have to construe it like that... I never said I'm better than anyone in this thread.

I guess some people will never change and keep their grudges.

I just like how most of the RB's are effectively better receivers because of their rec and ms ratings than the real WR's. Fucking hilarious.

Tomlinson 69ms 69rec.

Randy Moss 69ms 63rec

HUH?

If you are going to make rb's fast across the board at least make their rec rating decently low.

I just like how most of the RB's are effectively better receivers because of their rec and ms ratings than the real WR's. Fucking hilarious.

Tomlinson 69ms 69rec.

Randy Moss 69ms 63rec

HUH?

If you are going to make rb's fast across the board at least make their rec rating decently low.

I know what you are saying. But that particular one might be a bad example. Becuase last year Tomlinson did catch more balls than Moss. Tomlinson was just a beast last year. Its hard to knock his numbers being high.

Name.................Receptions...........YDS............TDS

Tomlinson................56.................580..............3

Moss.......................42................553..............3

Tomlinson could be maybe a 56. And Moss could even be a 69. That might even things out a bit.

and you know why that is? Because people leave the RB's uncovered for dumpoff passes that often gain 6 yards on 3rd and 7. Even A lot of Reggie Bushes catches were like that.

Just like. With a high recieiving rating rb's become better on ALL types of passes in tecmo. Even with low rec in tecmo rb's will still have a lot of catches if you want them to.

Larry Centers had almost 100 catches one year and it wasn't because he was running routes down the field. 56 cataches isnt even all that much for a RB. Thats like 2-3 dumpoff passes a game.

I'm just telling you it makes RB's WAY better weaopns as recievers than they really are. This is seriously constructive criticism.

you know the funny thing about this whole thread? I actually wanted this kind of criticism about my rom and didn't get much of it. If you make mistakes it's nice when people point them out so you can do things better next time. Hate isn't the opposite of love, it's indifference.

Oh and by the way, I can't load your rom into nesticle. Does anyone else have this problem? I seriously wanted to see what your graphics looked like and then change the ratings so I could actually play the thing.