NFL TECMO BOWL 2007

drummer4god

I just simmed a season and noticed something.....I have a feeling that some of the SIM data is still equalivent to the 1991 season. Because even though the Patriots are awesome, they ended up 5-11 and in the cellar of the AFC east....just like the 1991 season. Also, the 49ers and Oilers (Titans) came up with big offensive numbers regardless of players. And, even though Indy ended up 9-7 and at the top of the AFC East in my season..and they had a bad 1991 team...they still ended up only 9-7...which they are easily a 11-5 team all day long..if not even 13-3. The bears ended up only 8-8 and in the cellar of a weak division and the Falcons ended up 11-5 WITHOUT Vick.

And, of course the Raiders (had Bo Jackson) and Detriot (had Barry Sanders) ended up tops in rushing...even though they have Lemont Jordan and Kevin Jones.

It kinda sux though that you have to do all this work rating the players so that when you play man vs man the ratings are correct...but then also rate the sim info so that the computers numbers would be correct.

I am very confident in the player ratings and I think a man vs man match would be very similar to real numbers today. The sim data though does seem off...just like others have pointed out.

Drummer, what do you think the best way to change the sim data would be to make it more realistic to todays numbers?

You show me 1 number outside of the original rom numbers.

I can't show you 1 number outside of the original rom numbers. However, I can show you highly inflated ratings for individuals and, more importantly, as a general trend for the rom.

right, when someone says "original rom style," it's supposed to mean the distribution of ratings are similar to the original. On the original rom there are 6 RBs at 63ms or higher. When you make a rom with 14, that's not original rom style, that's Madden style.

By the way, I already pointed out that Reggie Bush on your rom (75ms 69rec) is better than Jerry Rice from the original (69ms 81rec), who was the best player on the original rom (not taking position into account), so yeah, there's your one player outside of original rom numbers :) and yes, having one more notch of ms makes him better even though his rec is two notches lower.

about simming: http://www.tecmobowl.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6066

There was an earlier thread, I'll see if I can find it.

Here it is: http://www.tecmobowl.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=79

If you are most interested in getting team records right and aren't concerned with individual player stats, just click autosim and then rate the teams. Note that you also have to set the team type (with a hex editor, or, I think Bad Al's TSBTool or whatever it was called has this, TSBSim doesn't have this) if you want the passing and rushing totals to be accurate.

BUT THE NUMBERS ARE STILL INSIDE OF ORIGINAL! i'm not going to argue this with you people for days and weeks. If you can do better go ahead just leave mine alone for the people that do like it. PERIOD! The players from the 90's era compared to todays players are like night and day. Today's players are stronger faster more complex offensive and defensive schemes. There is no comparision. You know i had just finished my rom tonight with all new opening scene's and alot more. But since you people want to rip my rom a new one. I will not post it. End of post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Make your own slow as molasses 91 rom and have fun.

There is no such thing as a perfect rom.

Thus, there will always be something wrong with a rom.

Please note that some people will never like your roms.

It's the same story every year.

Thus, either acknowledge this and post your rom or don't post it at all.

BUT THE NUMBERS ARE STILL INSIDE OF ORIGINAL! i'm not going to argue this with you people for days and weeks. If you can do better go ahead just leave mine alone for the people that do like it. PERIOD! The players from the 90's era compared to todays players are like night and day. Today's players are stronger faster more complex offensive and defensive schemes. There is no comparision. You know i had just finished my rom tonight with all new opening scene's and alot more. But since you people want to rip my rom a new one. I will not post it. End of post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Make your own slow as molasses 91 rom and have fun.

no problem i just will not post them anymore on this board. All the older ppl brud included are a bunch of asses who put every rom a person does under a microscope. Who made you all a rom god? did any of you work for tecmo? I spend 5 months to make this and this is the thanks i get....BS i'll never post another one.

Kudos as you're listening to the couple of people who tell you that they think your work sucks and telling the rest of the people who have complimented you to fuck off.

BTW, the description off the front reads "Upload your Tecmo Roms or other relavant files here. Soby and/or Bruddog think your rom is wrong btw. It's called constructive criticism. More than likely your rom DOES suck, Sally!"

So explain the 63 rec for Joe J.

13 games 40 rec.

Sorry does not compute.

With Cribbs a 44rec is very usable and with 69 MS very dangerous. if he's a kr his rec should have been very low and as you said based on actual recptions should be like a 25.

To base any ratings on a 40 time isnt the best.

Jerry Rice ran an awful 40 time but he is if not one of the best and ran by defenses in his younger yrs.

Chad Johnson was given a 63 MS yet had one of the best averages and yac I believe this past season.

I could go homer on you with certain Bucs ratings but I won't. I just made the statement about the Wrs and just got a partial answer. Probably because of homerism.

Joe J. was fixed beef. And if you read where i posted the rom. You would read Wr's based on actual speed,and receptions on overall. Chad johnson is rated a low 90 .but i'll go back and look at him. And fix him if needed. I have been updatings the rom.but as of now i won't be posting it due to. Smartasses

Bucs

Dump Chris Simms at backup Qb

Luke McCown will be backup

Alstott has been IR'd not sure who will get the other Rb spot maybe FB BJ Askew

How does Caddy get a 56 Ms when he rushed for less then 800 yrds with one of the lowest avg. 3.4?

Caddy a 44 rec when he caught 30 passes Pittman caught 47 and has a 38 rec?

WRs are fine.

TEs Stephens I'm not sure will be starting TE more then likely Alex Smith.

OL is ok

Simeon Rice was cut

Derrick Brooks is great but he has lost some speed and reaction

Antoine Cash is on IR. Ryan Nece a possible replacement.

Allen and phillips are awful. They have hi stats due to being burnt so many times and the defense dropping to 16th this past season.

One ? about Rbs

Frank Gore who had a better average then even LT only gets a 38 RS yet E james who had a piss poor avg has a higher RS,RP and equal MS even though he had 300 less yrds and carried the ball 20 more times?

Sorry it does not add up.It would be interesting to see your formula for some of these ratings.

If noted I made valid points on everything posted. Not being a hardass but I guess I am on certain aspects of the rom.

Post a link where the rom is now as this thread has like 12 pages.

so no jets rom...i am dissapointed

Joe J. was fixed beef. And if you read where i posted the rom. You would read Wr's based on actual speed,and receptions on overall. Chad johnson is rated a low 90 .but i'll go back and look at him. And fix him if needed. I have been updatings the rom.but as of now i won't be posting it due to. Smartasses

coin just send me a im with your email address and i'll send it to ya. I hooked phillyofish up. 1. Qb's are rated by overall.

2. Rb's are rated by overall rating.

3. Wr's are rated by their actual speed with reception's rated by their overall rating.

4. Te's are rated by overall rating.

5. Offensive Linemen,and Defensive Linemen are rated on overall rating.

6.Lb's are rated by overall rating.

7. Db's are rated by their actual speed,and their int's by overall rating.

8.Kicker's are rated on overall.

9.Punter's are rated on overall ratings.

...Sorry your 'system' is fuked up....

My God...no wonder they call you MrBeef. You never have anything nice to say and you always just beef. Somebody pours their heart into developing a new rom and you just trash it?

If you are not happy with the ratings....pickup the TSB manager and change them.

or better yet, go away. Stay away from this thread its so "fuked up".

Whats so hard about that?

Pick one. either go away, or change it and shut up.

btw, nobody wants to see your big ass signature.

My ratings my rom if ya dont like it dont play it. It's that simple beef.

Man I don't really like the rom either, but I think there are a lot of people out there who'd like to play it. I wouldn't worry about what some people say about it. It's the only rom out there for this season so far, so a lot of people want to play it.

Simple as this for the guys who are bitching about this rom.

Drummer makes roms you don't like. You know this. This isn't the first of the last time.

However, he's making the only 2007 rom out there right now.

Thus, either don't play it, modify the players/changes, or make your own.

It's this fucking simple.

As far as this rom is concerned, I'm all for it being posted.

I'm all about roms being posted.

However, I hate it when guys posts roms, receive criticism, and then unpost roms.

It is basically the opposite of everything this site stand for. That is how I feel about the pissing match I'm observing right now.

However, there is a very simple solution to most of this.

There is a new feature of this board called friends/foes.

If there is someone who is trolling on you and you don't care to here what they say, simply add them as a foe.

You will no longer see anything they post. End o story.

You are right Rod. So I am tinkering with an 07 rom myself. I will post it here and let guys tell what they think and make adjustments. Not be a snot nosed asshole defending ratings.

Also to the idiot retard. I did say I liked some of the rom so learn to read all the posts asswipe. I made very valid points on the ratings and YES you can from now on call me MRBEEF. So fuck off philleyOphish. You probably love Vick and want him to do you doggystyle.

I'll find a picture of you and post him humping you and create an even bigger signature.