Controller problems (logitech dual action)?

I had/have the same problem with mine. Seems like some programs will recognize the analog sticks and others won't (very frustrating). FCEU is the only NES one that really works as far as I know, but of course everyone uses Nesticle online. Doesn't affect me much since the laptop crashes everytime I use Nesticle, but not so cool if you're looking to combine the awesomeness of a controller with online Tecmoing. Oh, and I've found that the D-Pad is tremendously sketchy (hence only talking about the analog stick).

I have a Logitech Dual Action on this computer and it works in every emulator I've needed so far. SNES9x, ZSNES, Nestopia, FCEU Ultra, Nesticle, VirtuaNes, and etc. The Direction pad on it is really limited and you are generally forced to play with the analog stick.

My only problem with the controller is that it randomly loses calibration and without a calibrating utility I have to unplug then plug it back in before it can work correctly again.