Tecmo tattoos

Tecmo-Mad-Brad

just recently got another one paying hommage to the original tecmo, which will always be my favorite game. Am I the only one here with such artwork?

I got the Tecmo bowl logo (and RBI baseball as well) a year ago, and added on with bo jacksons run play diagram a couple weeks back.

BooTat001.jpg

also decided to sport some more love for RBI baseball, with a small tengen field tat for the chest. the pic is blurry, but the tat shows all the neat little pixelation of the screen shot of the field.

BooTat003.jpg

we havent created a seating chart type patterns for it yet, but will add that in later with some lights too.

this displays roughly the actual size of em.

BooTat-1.jpg

next up...my guy is gonna design the pattern to get me a half sleeve on the tecmo arm. I'm gonna get the logos from the 12 teams in true 80's fashion (old broncos logo with the orange D and horse in it for instance) on that arm. Im also planning a screen shot of the tecmo scoreboard.

For the teams and score i'll prolly scour our hundreds and hundreds of game tapes and find possibly our most classic 2 player battle and go with that score. Ive got a gazzillion tapes sitting around and spreadsheets chronicling all our games over the last 4 years. it'll be tough to widdle it down to the scoreboard for 1 memorable game.

forgot to mention, id liike to find the screen shots from TSB before the game starts...those still pics of joe montana dropping back to pass, and LT in his stance ready to blitz ...possible back pieces, since those 2 are some major players in tecmo bowl.

It would be so cool is you were Pokemon Mad Brad, then you would have Pikachu and Squirtle tattoo's

if there was a couple stoner clay-mation characters from jamaca, it would be Gumbymon and Pokeymon. :?: eh, nevermind....

Id like to get Koopa and Toad of Super mario cart fame also on me somewhere. there was a span of about 4 years where that was virtually the only damn SNES I owned/played. Fairly obsessive on that front too. a great 2 player game, but its still fun in single player mode as well if you want to keep your skills sharp.

• 10 months later...

Finally getting around to the Tecmo Bowl 12-half sleeve.

getting the 80's style logos for now then going to add in some secondary team colors swirling around/thru the logos to tie it all together. im thinking of beefing up the outside outlibnes as well...make em more bold.

Mar08_014.jpg

Mar08_016.jpg

still scabby/healing

Mar08_017.jpg

Next up, Raiders, Redskins, Seabags, and maybe 1 more if time allows. Getting a complete re-color on the Tecmo and RBI logo's is also on tap for saturday as well. The color isnt very bright on the 2 game logos (as seen in the 1st post of this thread), so it needs to be beefed up big time.

As much ink as I have this is the 1st real project for my body.

Since you're here, I was thinking that you should get the guys at dee-nee to find a major league player who will play RBI baseball music as their home "coming to bat" music. I'm sure you guys know at least one player who is hardcore about RBI

Actually we don't know(personally) anyone. It was publicized that the indians played a shit ton of RBI last season, and I think maybe the astros did as well.

One of the dee-nee members exchanged some emails with someone who may be the Indians PR guy(cant remember exact details), so maybe i'll direct that thought towards our guy and see what transpires from there.

that is a stellar idea though.

• 1 month later...

Got the teams done for now. going to add in some sort of surrounding art around each team logo then probably fill in the rest of the arm with the actual field(green with hash marks/yard lines and random players running about).

boo_0021.jpg

boo_0031.jpg

for the most part doesnt really stick out too bad when just wearing a short sleeve

boo_0091.jpg

i hate that its a work in progress, cause i want this fucker done with.

boo_0071.jpg

• 7 months later...

Got the outline worked on for a section of the field.....this is the 9ers offense in shotgun vs the giants defense. it was tricky to get on there...he had to cut the stencil into pieces and patch it all together. considering all the other work i have this should make for a pretty decent background piece.

Thanksgiving08200221-1.jpg

this is backside of the arm.....note the goalpost by the run 1 diagram.

Thanksgiving08200201.jpg

the plan was to go in on friday and get most of it colored in, but a snowstorm kept me in a truck a lot this weekend working on moving snow. got rescheduled for next saturday.

• 1 year later...

You've seen it viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11387&hilit=w580

My phone is ancient now but the ringtone is still cool. If I remember I need to bump up the amplitude a little, that mp3 is too quiet. I'm not doing anything now, I came back from vacation to a dead computer (which was already fixed once). This backup comp sucks.

Dude, upload that shit!

I need to make a Tecmo Google Chrome theme here one of these days.

And I thought making a theme for my phone was hardcore......

Very nice man!

49ers and Giants intro screens:

http://tbdotcom.tecmosuperbowl.org/49ers.html

http://tbdotcom.tecmosuperbowl.org/giants.html

I personally prefer the post-sack, standing over the QB, fists in the air shot of LT, but I couldn't find a screen cap of that.

You didn't mention it, but that same site also has the Barry Sanders intro shot:

http://tbdotcom.tecmosuperbowl.org/lions.html