TSB Greats 1990-1995

TomTupa

TSB greats file is the best players for each team from the NES TSB, SNES TSB, TSB II and TSB III as rated by Tecmo.

Attributes are from the games except for minor modifications. Defensive players have at least 19 INT rating (up from 6 in SNES Tecmos). Oline changed only HP and MS. K and P changed only KA and AB. CBs were also given 31-44 HP up from 13 for II and III (bigger SNES hitters were given more).

Tried to update player color mostly from memory, there may be a stray LB or DL wrong out there. Offensive linemen I wasn't that worried about, but changed most of the obvious ones.

Messed with sim data, though I'm not even sure who the best teams are in this rom, aside from the obvious choices.

Also, players are on multiple teams, like Ronnie Lott on 9ers, Raiders, Jets and Chiefs. Wilbur Marshall seems to be everywhere.... Deion Sanders was a free agent in Tecmo III but since he signed with Dallas I added him to their roster, as much as I dislike the Cowboys...

DISCLAIMER: I made this mainly for my own use so it's not perfect. Don't have nearly enough time to change player #s or figure out how to edit the graphics, though I did try to change the start screen to no avail.

Of course there was the Playstation version, which I will add the best players from it sometime later, but since it seems nobody ever played it (and it just felt different) I left them out for now.

Legends Edition file is the same as tsbgreats but with the legends you get after you win 3 super bowls in a row on TSB III. If you are a fan of the Bears, Steelers, Raiders, or even the Cardinals (ride the Night Train 88 INT!) this is great. Try running against these Steelers in the playoffs!

Jim Brown and Joe Namath are nice additions and all these guys are Tecmo-rated.

TSBGreats.zip

TSBGreats Legends Edition.zip

• 6 months later...

I updated the roms in the above post folks. I did my first hex editing, though very simple with Hex Workshop. Just updated start screen with version info and turned 1991s into 199Xs. For all those who religiously play these roms (har har), just delete the old ones and use these.

• 1 month later...

These are the actual ratings of the best players for each team in previous editions of Tecmo. Since there never were 32 teams there's no need to have more teams. Maybe for the Jags and Panthers but they weren't in enough games to have a "greats" team. Might be fun to add Playstation guys to the game, then Panthers and Jags would have enough for greats. Then maybe a team of all the worst players at each position ever in Tecmo and one composed of the TSB greats from Tecmo III. Of course I couldn't do anything without an editor for the 32 team rom anyways :mrgreen:

• 3 years later...

Hey all, I haven't had time to get on here in a while. Good to see all the local tournaments popping up! I still grab the PSP to play the com sometimes and I rediscovered my unfinished project. This is similar to the original TSB Greats rom on here, but it adds three teams. The first two are Carolina and Jacksonville with just TSB III and I think Playstation players to draw from, so they're very weak teams. The third team I made Houston a full "All Time Greats" team. It is extremely powerful and dominating, comprised of all the Greats unlocked in TSB III. The fourth team was just thrown in because every good rom needs that team to beat up on or control and try to win with. The last team is the all time worst players at each position on each team on Baltimore. Try winning the Super Bowl with that team on a greats rom! Your offensive line caves in every snap. If you use the backups Sam Graddy can be used as your only hope. He was included because of his all time worst abberation of 19 REC trying to catch from Grogan's 25 PC :D .

All the player faces and numbers were updated through extensive Google picture searching.

What's not done:

Sim data

Tennessee Titans should be Houston Oilers

Baltimore Ravens should be AllTime Losers (or something)

Houston Texans should be Alltime Greats

I'm not sure how updated the rom this was started on is, so it might be better to transfer it. I think it starts on 4 min quarters.

If someone wants to finish this and repost it that'd be cool. If not and you just want to smash some teams with the greats or try to win it all with the losers then have some fun with the rom. Later!

betagreats1.zip

Very cool...I had never seen this thread before...i always thought comparing the Tecmo Ratings across the years would be cool...especially comparing TSB I and TSB II for the year 1993 to see how Tecmo compared between pre and post season.

Also very funny as I was just looking through the top posters of all time and saw your name yesterday....thanks for checking back in

• 1 month later...

Yea Tom that was a darn good idea. I just downloaded and played the roms. I do remember now that you had to unlock those guys on the SNES tecmo. This is a great guideline for guys to use who make all time roms where the players abilites are way off. Note every locked player was made by tecmo, all in their prime years. Nice!