The end of Nesticle?

edisaurusrex

Ok, I've done my homework on Nestopia, and I posted this on the Nestopia boards:

http://www.bannister.org/forums/ubbthre ... #Post27929

I've tried the state without the compression and I've already found most of the locations. I'll maybe post all of these in the documentation section when I'm done finding them all (or the ones i use anyway).

well, possibly we should see if desyncs can be fixed by the authors. I think we call that the vframe setting in nesticle where we increase or decrease the number based on the connection. I think we can live with a tiny bit of lag if it means no dsync.

If you guys love nesticle so much why don't you marry it?

I just think it would be much cooler to play tsb while being able to listen to the sound or jumping onto a server and being a click away from playing someone waiting in a chatroom for a game. As far as disconnects go, I've played plenty of games on the Gens emulator on kaillera, and the only time it usually happens is when someone has a really shitty ping rate. Also some dude on here named Randy Moss said there is a desktop recorder that does a good job recording games for gens anyway, not sure why it wouldn't be the same for nestopia.

Maybe I will marry it...lol.

If I could only play west coast games I would have no beef with nesticle. I could probably set the vframe to 3 and it would seem almost lagless.

As far as the sound I don't really miss, "hut hut hut hut hut hut" and turn on music half the time anyways. I mean do you really miss that sound? I didn't understand that point.

I don't really get the server point either since two people still have to find a server that works good for both of them. There isn't going to be one universal one that works for everyone.

If the desycning issue is really minimal and the netplay is quite improved I would consider using it for practice games. Also the problem with ping rates is sometimes it can be fine when you start and then it gets shitty during the game.

The one nice thing about the nesticle movie format are the files compact sizes but a desktop recorder would be workable I suppose. They tend to be resource hogs though.

Seriously I'm not trying to rain on your parade but I'm not going to switch just for the sake of switching just b/c nesticle has been around forever.

If you guys love nesticle so much why don't you marry it?

I just think it would be much cooler to play tsb while being able to listen to the sound or jumping onto a server and being a click away from playing someone waiting in a chatroom for a game. As far as disconnects go, I've played plenty of games on the Gens emulator on kaillera, and the only time it usually happens is when someone has a really shitty ping rate. Also some dude on here named Randy Moss said there is a desktop recorder that does a good job recording games for gens anyway, not sure why it wouldn't be the same for nestopia.

I tried Camtasia or whatever its called, but yeah that thing is a memory hog and it slowed down everything. Randy Moss posted something on here, something called huffy, that he said the NHL94 guys use with Gens. I havent had the time to figure it out yet, but his post is here:

http://www.tecmobowl.org/forum/viewtopic. ... &&start=75