Singleback LA and no reverses? What now?

shanfu0

http://www.tecmobowl.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9235

What happens to the game when teams are removed of their crippled plays (or in LA's case, crippled playbook)?

When Minnesota and Washington lose their reverses?

When LA switches to singleback to give Bo two properly-blocked runs?

How would the changed teams stack up against the unchaged teams? How far do they shoot up in the power rankings? Do NYG/CHI/SF have to worry about their status as the elite teams? (And man, does Dallas fall to the bottom or what?)

(I guess this is technically about a different game than original Tecmo Bowl, since the changed plays make things very different, but the other teams are unchanged, and this forum's activity level seems kind of low)

I'll second this thought. WSH to me become #4. that defense, and a decent offense. they roll. From there, I say LA's offense possibly trumps MIN's defense.

sorta depends on what kind of passing plays LA gets. On 2nd thought though MIN's pass with darrin nelson going out into the flat is a pretty damn good play.

I like the DAL offense. possibly moreso than i should, but i think they are pretty good. Cam will hate this statement.

• 2 years later...

The best way to test it is to play vs MIN and select the DT's, and MLB's. choose the pass plays and see if one of those guys is not blocked when MIn runs.

Also use both the 4-3 and 3-4 defensive teams. different blocking schemes come into play vs those 2 seperate units.

calling the other run play might not help you find the missing block because there are slight variances in who gets blocked when you call the other run play. sometimes its a MLB(top or bottom), or DT that is left unblocked, but thats part of the programing.

Tecmo-Mad-Brad yall should hav a torny with this one.or play against each other.i know u can get this on a cart

after the top 3 teams(NY,CHI,SF)who would u take??i take WAS .L.A. alot better but they hav NO D

1st, is it just me, or is there no quote feature and u have to do it manually?

2nd I'd have to chew that over for a while. When we went to the chicago area to play the canadians we adopted international rules, and it changed the game quite a bit. They dont allow QB scrambling, and we do, so we set a limit of 1 per quarter. That changed how one calls a game by a lot.

I'l take a stab at washington being right behind the Super powers based off your set of plays for LA. LA's offense before we learned the glitch was almost unstopable. Now its looks to be not as destructive. MIN could be in the discussion a little with a nice pass play book, but their special teams leave much to be desired.

did you figure out the minnesota run block issue?