TSBe - beta1

cxrom

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all is well :lol:. tryin to elimate as many bugs as i can find so we don't have some pissed off people just days after i post it.

cx, ain't no one gonna rip you around here. :roll: What you are doing is totally amazing and most likely well before it's time. People get ripped on for ratings, but that'll always happen. I don't play the NES version at all, but when you're done with this amazing accomplishment I will probably try my hand at it once again. Thanks for all the effort you put in to your work. :wink::lol:

the playoff bracket somtimes uses the wrong palette for mini-helmets, the qb sound fx, and a data reset does not reset the auto-skip week number to 0. other then that its new to me.

Does man vs. man preseason play work ok?

thats been functional for awhile now

The standings do not show the proper divisional alignment.

thats why its a base rom. team data needs to be shifted around to fix the alignment.

For some reason I am unable to edit players and attributes. Do I need a new program for that?

TSBM 1.3 gives error this is not a valid rom.

probably tries to verify the rom by size or by the ines header. both have been changed, so you'd need the source for the program to fix it.

you can try choppin off all the added data in a hex editor, edit the rosters, and then tack the data back on. most of the end of the rom is empy space anyways but needs to be there if you wanna put it on a cart.

Since Rod's 2007-08 ROM is AWOL Drummer has the best up to date roster I've seen. Maybe there is some way to get with him so you can quickly get your helmets, unis, divisions and schedules up to date. I've love to see a 2007 version of this up as quickly as possible. Also before I come off sounding too greedy. AMAZING work your doing, truely awesome. Can't wait to see your dream come to fruition. Keep up the good work!

I am very very excited for this rom as well but...I do not want to see it come to fuition as soon as possible. To me that just seems super lame. To have put so much work into this and rush out a rom at the end just to get it out would emotionally cripple everyone when the rom stats and rosters blow. One thing I always wanted to know was if it was possible to make it so each individual team could have there own logo in the endzone for each home game? I assume that would take up way to much sram or whatever ram or space on the rom but it would be awesome to have something like that goin down.

Anyway as far as ratings go it should be based on the gameplay of the original in my eyes...like Bo Jackson equals tomlinson, QB eagles = Mcnabb and so on but not number for number. no ridiculous 100s or 94s for MS or HPor anytihng really above 69 or 75 unless its defense HP. bah

Alot of people are working on the Repo rom and doing a fine job. You guys act like its the only thing these guys do in their lives. They work on it when they can. They are not getting paid for it and its not AWOL numb nuts. :wink:

Once its done it will blow away any 07 rom made for the season. Thats a fact.

Anyway as far as ratings go it should be based on the gameplay of the original in my eyes...like Bo Jackson equals tomlinson, QB eagles = Mcnabb and so on but not number for number. no ridiculous 100s or 94s for MS or HPor anytihng really above 69 or 75 unless its defense HP. bah

I think thats just kinda assumed. and QB Eagles = McNabb is a bad analogy. QB Eagles led his team in rushing. McNabb is 0-2 and complains because he is a black quarterback.

One thing I always wanted to know was if it was possible to make it so each individual team could have there own logo in the endzone for each home game?

it is possible but you would be limited to the field color (green), stripe color (white), and the enzone color (blue/red). the endzone color could be changed and would be the only team specific color. you'd also be limited to about 32 tiles for both endzone helmet logos unless you remove the "TECMO" part. that'll add another 16+.

after i finish the two other gameplay hacks i started, i could take a stab at it if someone wants to draw the logos with the above limitations kept in mind.