TSBe - beta1

cxrom

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great work cxrom,

Looking at the hex, I can see the jersey numbers and names, but the locations of their pointers isn't obvious to me.

Also, do you have the following for each of the new teams? :

1. Team sim offense & defense.

2. run/pass preference

3. Offensive formation

4. Playbooks

5. player attributes

6. player sim attributes

Or do these currently map to a original team's attributes?

I'd like to modify TSBTool to support this ROM.

Bad Al,

What exactly does team sim offense and defense represent? I see it's used for simming games, but what do each of the numbers represent (for example, I see San Francisco have 15 for both offense and defense.) What does this all mean?

Thanks in advance.

Bad Al,

What exactly does team sim offense and defense represent? I see it's used for simming games, but what do each of the numbers represent (for example, I see San Francisco have 15 for both offense and defense.) What does this all mean?

Thanks in advance.

Values range 0-15 (0-F), 0 = very bad, 15 = very good.

• 1 month later...

yeah the last 2 months i had school and then i got a wii, ya know how that goes...anyways its still being worked on. i've mostly been trying to document every unknown reference into sram and rework all the season menus. i'll soon begin on the playoff and seed selection code.

i haven't posted a newer version since most of the updates are technical and there isn't any visuals except for a couple of menus. the mini-helmet screens have been fixed though.

TSBe-R4.zip

I won't be able ato start on it until next week. I'm on vacation now.

does tsb tool support these features yet? i'm at the point where teams need to be shifted to new spots so the divisions line up correctly for correct playoff seed selection. the order of teams is:

BUF. = 00

MIA.

N.E.

JETS

CIN. = 04

CLE.

BAL.

PIT.

IND. = 08

HOU.

JAX.

TEN.

DEN. = 0C

K.C.

OAK

S.D.

WAS. = 10

GIA.

PHI.

DAL.

CHI. = 14

DET.

G.B.

MIN.

T.B. = 18

N.O.

ATL.

CAR. = 1B

[skip 1C = AFC]

[skip 1D = NFC]

S.F. = 1E

STL. = 1F

SEA. = 20

ARZ. = 21

i'm working on team sim O and D values for $1E-$21. it's been throwing off how a simmed season ends up. i'll get to the default O-formation when i have a better understanding of how it works.

sram: this causes BUF, JAX, TEN, and CAR stats to be fucked up (the 3 mirror to BUF). HOU has its own slot now. and since the last 3 mirror to BUF they all win their division (all 4 W-L-T records are combined) but only one gets marked the winner. this will probably fix itself once each team has its own slot and the divisions are aligned correctly. the "Team Control" values for HOU, JAX, TEN, and CAR are corrupted on a data reset. (easily fixable)

the division champion action sequence has the wrong jersey colors for HOU, JAX, TEN, and CAR if they win. (easily fixable)

pro-bowl coin toss screen. (??? - i know where the corrupted data is coming from, but not why it's being loaded)

the expanded division champions still show a wild card indicator and not the division champ indicator (haven't looked into this but im sure its a matter of changing a few values)

an area for default starters data needs to be added in for the expansion team slots.

at the end of week 17 when it shows the final division standings all in sequence, only the AFC-W is displayed, but 6 times. i haven't really looked into this yet either.

i believe most of the sram/season issues will fix themselves once the teams stop mirroring each other (this causes the stats to end up very high or roll over).

these are the main issues left to resolve, but i haven't played through the playoffs or super bowl yet.

thanks cxrom, I try to consider the fact that people have lives hah :?:

I was just wondering and I can't wait until things progress with the sram

maybe after all is said and done a few of the new hacks can be intergrated to make a super rom ala difficulty juice, stuff with the blitz byte, new plays and formations, and all of the old hacks that make the game better, maybe even some new menus and stats can be added into the game... tackles.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

off the top of my head here's whats new:

-pro-bowl coin toss glitch fixed

-expanded teams are included in Off and Def Team Rankings

-expanded teams are included in NFL leaders

sram issues are still not resolved so stats for BUF, JAX, TEN, CAR will be screwy. i haven't come across any glitches that make the season unplayable but your mileage may vary.

if you do plan on playing a season, cycle the Team Control settings for the expansion teams once.

TSBe v50.zip

Wow, thanks so much for all of your work with this, cxrom! I've been eagerly awaiting the news on an update. It's so cool that you managed to get all 32 teams included.

Now that this new version is available, can you estimate for us where this version stands vs. the expected final version (i.e., is this 80% complete, 90% complete, etc.)

Can you give us idea when the "finished" version will be ready (I assume sometime after rosters are finalized for the start of the season)?

Again, thanks very much for all of your time and effort. In fact, I appreciate the time and effort EVERYONE puts into this site. Never could I imagine there'd be so many old-time Tecmo fans out there who love their Tecmo football as much as (or, even MORE THAN) me! That's so friggin' awesome!

tecmo bowl fan since 1989 and to me tecmo super bowl is still the greatest football game in history. thanks to emulation i still play it just about everyday and i to am impressed by the 32 teAm ro. all thats left ishackin a way for all 32 teams to play in a season maybe even short some of the games by all 32 teams so all 32 can play an equal amount of games. and the stats can be more readable for all the teams

Get this sucker to work with TSB for SNES [...]

i was actually thinking of downgrading the snes version to look/feel more like the nes version, but then i would have to learn the SNES architecture.

forget the snes go for the genesis tsb

my younger self would kick my ass for doin that, and the genesis has no relationship to the nes (snes cpu is backwards compatible with the nes cpu) so that would require alot of learning.

but on a more serious note, any bugs that people find please lemme know. give as much of a description as possible and a screenshot/movie/savestate (prior to glitch) would be nice, but not needed. bugs with stats/playoffs/super bowl, the qb "ready!, hut, hut, hut..." sound fx, and the Team Control bug don't need to be mentioned.

and if anyone has any EE experience pm me cuz i have some questions about discrete logic and ASIC microcontrollers.

cxrom...how far r u thru the rom??...when will it finally be available with everything ready to go?

can't give a date, but when somethin with sram pans out as reliable. tried compression, but didn't work. im leaning towards the mapper hack if i can get the irq system to work. im also toying with the idea of changing the schedule screen, cuz that uses a fairly large amount of sram believe it or not.

I'm going to start making a rom editor for this cx and I was wondering if you could reserve a big chunk of space on the rom just for the players names so peeps like myself can easily edit the rom - I noticed that you had data starting right up after the players names. I'm also wondering where you put the player pointers (havent even looked).

Thanks.

This rom looks like its about a half step away from being fully useable for exhibition and league play - :)