do sim values effect players in coached games?

Epa1patine

Yeah I am simply talking about coached games....The only reason I question it is because playing the computer ina regular game (player vs Com) the computer seems to use sim values so why wouldnt the same thing come into play on coached games. It would appear to me that the sim values will effect receivers in how many times they would get the ball in a coached game. I have only screwed with it alittle but it seems to me when i pick a pass play my main receiver no matter if its jerry rice for SF or anthony miller for SD or anyone else they get the ball more than the others. I can for sure see the sim values come into play on the QB pocket and the computer appears to use sim values when it comes to kick returners.

Yeah I am simply talking about coached games....The only reason I question it is because playing the computer ina regular game (player vs Com) the computer seems to use sim values so why wouldnt the same thing come into play on coached games. It would appear to me that the sim values will effect receivers in how many times they would get the ball in a coached game. I have only screwed with it alittle but it seems to me when i pick a pass play my main receiver no matter if its jerry rice for SF or anthony miller for SD or anyone else they get the ball more than the others. I can for sure see the sim values come into play on the QB pocket and the computer appears to use sim values when it comes to kick returners.

I'm pretty sure sim values have no effect on returners - you know the ms of the RT is used for the ms of KRs, right? And SS for PRs. As for which receiver is thrown to, I'm not sure, I don't remember ever reading anything about that, but I don't think the sim code determines that, either. Bruddog knows more about this.

The only sim value that affects game play is QB pocket. COA, COM, MAN, it doesn't matter, all other sim values only affect auto-simmed games. Oh and team type determines the run-pass ratio. Receivers and runners chosen are random.

Does QB pocket sim effect MAN or COM games ?

pretty sure it affects both.

The only sim value that affects game play is QB pocket. COA, COM, MAN, it doesn't matter, all other sim values only affect auto-simmed games. Oh and team type determines the run-pass ratio. Receivers and runners chosen are random.

Does QB pocket sim effect MAN or COM games ?

pretty sure it affects both.

so how does the QB Pocket sim value effect play ???

so how does the QB Pocket sim value effect play ???

Oh, the amount of time the QB stays in the pocket before scrambling. The valid amounts are 0-3. The higher the number, the more time the QB stays in the pocket. A value of 2 does a good job of representing most QBs today. Someone like Vick might get a 0 or 1, because he has no pocket presence.

The reason I question some of this ... If one were to start a Coaching league with a full draft of players from the ground up. Should a coach simply account for raw player attributes in building his team or will there be more at play? Just for arguments sake if a coach were to draft Jerry Rice to his team and the rest of the receivers were crap could that coach be confident that the computer would lean towards throwing the ball to Rice?

To me the idea of building a coaching league sounds interesting. Who can simply build the best team and call the best plays? So the question is can you count on the game to be realistic enough to use your good players to there fullest. This isn't really a question when it comes to RB's, in that case the coach picks the play and knows who is getting the ball. But my question is more in the area of passing and even defense.

If a player has a stand out player on the D-line is it safe to say you may see him among the league leaders in sacks? Or will it just be a luck of the draw type thing. Sure we have all played games and know if there is someone good on defense you will be able to impact the game. But how does it work in a non sim situation?, with the computer controlling them? Will the attributes come into play or is it the sim value?

I like the idea of a league where everything down to picking offensive linemen makes a difference. And maybe creating a salary cap. But the only way to make that happen is to be able to determine if coach controlled teams can define the value of the players based on abilitys.

I totaly get how the sim pocket value for QB's works and think in a coach controlled season it would be as important as the other QB attributes. That would be something people would want to keep in mind in drafing QB's

I think in the end its more a question about the receivers. I could run some tests... maybe turn the sim value up on one RC and down on all the rest and call passplays to see how many balls goes that players way. Has to be something to it.

You have any evidence of this? When I last checked it has no affect during gameplay and I know for sure that the frequency of throwing to receivers and scrambling are built into the play code.

I am starting to think the sim values for players may determine how often they get the ball and the rest kinda takes care of itself. Any player in the game should turn pretty good stats if they get the ball enough. I think that makes for a small difference and alittle easier to understand. I am sure this could be figured out pretty easily.

You have any evidence of this? When I last checked it has no affect during gameplay and I know for sure that the frequency of throwing to receivers and scrambling are built into the play code.

I thought you or someone said they figured out that that's what pocket does. I guess I didn't remember right. Maybe I just assumed it because it seems like an obvious connection. What does the pocket value do then? I can't see how it would affect simming, because as far as I am aware the only thing during simming that affects sacks is the defense, and the only thing that gives a QB rushing yards is by putting a QB run in the playbook (amount of rushing variable dependent on the QB's rush value). Does it decrease the amount of passing?

From what I understand the Pocket Sim Value for QB's determines how often the QB will run the ball on passing plays. As everyone has seen they dont always throw the ball when a passing play is called. I could be wrong but players like Marino never seem to run but I have seen Vinny and Pete take off when calling a passing play. I am starting to think that value comes into play on more than just sim games. I think anytime the computer has actual control of the players this comes into play. That could be when playing aginst the computer or when you call a pass play for your own team in coach mode. Some QB's seem to give up on throwing the ball and choose to run it more than others.

At least i hope thats the case cause it makes for a pretty clever thing.

I needed a break from what I was doing but to illustrate my point.

Give a team R&S FLARE C in pass slot 1 and change x92A1 and x92CA to 20 and the coached or computer teams will always have a qb run no matter who is the QB and the Human player will still have the ability to pass.

if you open up TSB in BAD_AL's 'TSB TOOL', you'll see that each QB has:

[sim Running, Sim Passing, Sim Pocket]

Testaverde ,[5, 4, 0 ]

QB eagles,[11, 9, 0 ]

Peete,[6, 3, 2 ]

Elway,[5, 7, 1 ]

QB Bills,[3, 12, 3 ]

Marino,[1, 10, 3 ]

as I type (and deleted my comments), jstout just dropped knowledge saying the scramble probability is coded with the plays...

wtf does sim pocket do?

it probably affects how many yards the qb will rack up running in SKP mode but not COM vs COM or COA vs COA

I've tested QB rushing. If you do not give the QB a rushing play, he will get less than 100 yards on the season in skp mode, no matter what any other sim value is. Give the QB a run play, and he will range from a couple of hundred yards with a Rush value of 0 to over 1000 with a Rush value of 15. (I never actually gave a QB a 15 but at 6 they were getting around 500).

So does anyone know what pocket actually does, then?

I have Skipped (simmed) 24 season, 6 season for each of 4 conditions

1. QB Eagles with Run 4 play and 0 Pocket (control default)

2. QB Eagles with Run 4 play and 3 Pocket

3. QB Eagles with NO Run 4 play and 0 pocket

4. QB Eagles with NO Run 4 play and 3 pocket

All seasons were simmed using the Eagles with QB Eagles as the subject

Here are the results ... The first set is basicly the control where nothing in the original rom has been altered.