TSB Players still in the NFL

dagu

The announcement by Versus seemed to catch Patriots coach Bill Belichick off guard on his regular Tuesday conference call with reporters.

“Did I miss it? Did we announce anything?” Belichick questioned Patriots assistant director of media relations Aaron Salkin when asked to comment on the announced signing.

When told the team hadn’t announced it, Belichick said, “I didn’t think so. ... We don’t have anything to say about it.”

Belishit is such an asshole.

• 4 months later...

How come no one has talked about Jairus Byrd yet? Where the hell did this guy come from? He's screwing up my DB rating system - get this, 9 PICKS AND HE WAS ONLY TARGETED 18 TIMES! A 50 % INT RATING! That's insane. The entire Bills secondary grades high in coverage. I guess it's easier to shut down the passing game when you give up 5 yards a carry.

What kind of Tecmo ratings would you give him, like Mark Carrier? Except maybe even lower HP? Has a team ever been this good against the pass and this bad against the run at the same time? How should you give TSB ratings to such a team? I haven't actually looked at any of the current roms, but I would be very surprised if anyone did justice to this situation.

Maybe give the DL and LBs 25/31/38/31 and the DBs 25/31/69/25 with 56-81int?

I personally wouldn't go 81 INT w/him, despite his great season. I think you have to account for a longer period than just the one year to base alot of ratings, but I like where you are going altogether w/the Bills overall ratings. Although, wasn't Carrier a rookie in 1990 though, winning ROY?

I personally wouldn't go 81 INT w/him, despite his great season. I think you have to account for a longer period than just the one year to base alot of ratings, but I like where you are going altogether w/the Bills overall ratings. Although, wasn't Carrier a rookie in 1990 though, winning ROY?

I don''t know if he won Rookie of the Year, but it was his first year and he did make the Pro Bowl. He had 10 picks and 5 forced fumbles, best year of his career.

Byrd also made the Pro Bowl, but he didn't force any fumbles. Or make many productive tackles. He didn't miss many, but he didn't make many, either. I'm picturing him and the rest of the secondary just standing around 20 yards off the line while the other team pounds it 5 yards at a time. I know they had some injuries to LBs, but is this just bad coaching or what? Oh, they're running all over us, you think maybe we shoud have more than a 4-man rush? wtf?

I don''t know if he won Rookie of the Year, but it was his first year and he did make the Pro Bowl. He had 10 picks and 5 forced fumbles, best year of his career.

Byrd also made the Pro Bowl, but he didn't force any fumbles. Or make many productive tackles. He didn't miss many, but he didn't make many, either. I'm picturing him and the rest of the secondary just standing around 20 yards off the line while the other team pounds it 5 yards at a time. I know they had some injuries to LBs, but is this just bad coaching or what? Oh, they're running all over us, you think maybe we shoud have more than a 4-man rush? wtf?

Maybe they just got behind early a lot and it screwed up the stats. I'd give him a 75 int. As for the secondary, no matter what int you give them they won't cover anyone with rs and rp of 25 31.

• 2 months later...

Feagles retired: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/f ... index.html. Is Carney still around? I heard on the Doug Gottlieb radio show that Feagles was the last player left from Tecmo Super Bowl... Than him and Drew Curtis discussed and argued that Tecmo Super Bowl was the best football game ever.

Drew Curtis also said something to the effect of, "There are still Tecmo Super Bowl sites and tournaments out there, just poke around."

Wow, than this is truly an important time in TSB lore. I'm unclear as to what we should do to highlight this passage. Viking funeral?

Play an AFC Pro Bowl game with Carney and Seau. Don't play offense. On D you have to be Seau. On offense you have to kick a FG or punt. Returns are allowed, so maximize your return team (Okoye with a 50ms RT should work nicely).

Unless something happens this year, Junior Seau wins last Tecmo Super Bowl player standing.

He played in a playoff loss to the Ravens.

Feagles was done at the time with the season and Carney had been waived from the Saints.

Wow, than this is truly an important time in TSB lore. I'm unclear as to what we should do to highlight this passage. Viking funeral?

Play an AFC Pro Bowl game with Carney and Seau. Don't play offense. On D you have to be Seau. On offense you have to kick a FG or punt. Returns are allowed, so maximize your return team (Okoye with a 50ms RT should work nicely).

duh, forgot they were both on SD. You could actually just play a whole season with them.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
>http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-saints-carney

NEW ORLEANS (AP)—Veteran kicker John Carney(notes) is returning to the New Orleans Saints.

Carney’s agent, Jack Mills, confirmed in an e-mail Tuesday to The Associated Press that his client would be signing a contract with his former team. Terms of the deal were not released.

Carney, who is 46, worked out for the Saints Tuesday after starting kicker Garrett Hartley(notes) missed a 29-yard field goal in overtime Sunday that would have given the Saints a 27-24 win over the Atlanta Falcons. For the season, Hartley is 4-for-7 on field goal attempts.

The Saints have not announced who would be waived to create a roster spot for Carney.

In 2009, the Saints carried both kickers for most of the season after Hartley returned from a four-game suspension.

woot!

When I saw this on ESPN.com, I immediately went over to post, guess I am too slow :D glad to see a little Tecmo life left in the tank