Operation: New York Tournament

lovinlibertydf9.jpg

Hey everyone,

You might be asking yourself, why is Flo hugging the Statue of Liberty?

He's holding on to her for good reason, Flo was a particpant of last year's New York Tournament. He traveled many miles (all the way from Chicago) wearing a football jersey and a book bag with just one thought on his mind Tecmo.

While beating players in practice and the tournament, Flo conveniently coined the phrase "That's how we do things here in Chicago".

If you are coming to play in New York, you better bring a little swagger on your first trip. Was he dedicated, determined or quite simply insane? Probably all of the above.

With this in mind, I thinnk it would be a great time to start organizing a future tournament here in New York. We could rent out a gaming lounge for a few hours and host our competition there. A gaming spot in Queens might be a more suitable idea considering how expensive some venues are in the city. Once we have an accurate count on whose down, we could work out hosting details and also something fun to do afterwards (like hit a bar or place to eat).

Bad Moon Rison hosted a succesful tournament last year at his home in the Bronx. With the number of members who frequently check the board and those who particpate in online games, we should be able to follow up with another exciting event. Please post when would be a good time to be involved with a tournament. I know the holidays will be here before you know it, so January or later is looking like a good time to schedule a date.

--Pete

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey I'm thinking of coming here. My record is 41-5 right now. I played against one guy who says he had a 343-1 record on knowbeit.com?? I don't know if he was talking about this site. Anyone knows who I'm talking about?? Refused to give his particulars, only that he'd got a 343-1 rec. Anyway I got him 13-10 via left-shotgun Long X run. But I'm thinking of taking it to the next level. Anyone wanna play I'm up for it. Might even show up at the tourney! :P:P:P:P:P:P:D:D:P:P

hey I'm thinking of coming here. My record is 41-5 right now. I played against one guy who says he had a 343-1 record on knowbeit.com?? I don't know if he was talking about this site. Anyone knows who I'm talking about?? Refused to give his particulars, only that he'd got a 343-1 rec. Anyway I got him 13-10 via left-shotgun Long X run. But I'm thinking of taking it to the next level. Anyone wanna play I'm up for it. Might even show up at the tourney! :P:P:P:P:P:P:D:D:P:P

quit living in ninja fantasy land homo

Alright Ninja, if your interested in attending that's fine by me but enough of the joking around.

Zack, will the rest of the Jersey Crew be interested in another competition?

Here's an update:

I spoke with Edisaurusrex, he's from Minnesota and has also shown interest in making a weekend trip. He's wants to get in contact with Soby and Sconniele.

Flo is uncertain at the moment, all depends on airfare costs.

Bad Moon Rison suggested we try scheduling the tournament for Saturday, January 27th. It's the weekend right before the Super Bowl. Since there will be no NFL games scheduled, everyone will be pumped for some football. :P

Bad Moon Rison suggested we try scheduling the tournament for Saturday, January 28th. It's the weekend right before the Super Bowl. Since there will be no NFL games scheduled, everyone will be pumped for some football. :P

That would also allow me to talk trash about the Bears being in the Superbowl.

Hi, I was talking to Samurai Psycho last night on AiM. Cool fellow :P anyways, he schooled me up on this & I'd love to see this happen too. There's alotta places that'll rent some space in Queens, prolly around the Blvd. It'll be cool to see sumthin like this, since TsB kicks so much ass and all. :P

I'm down. If Bad Moon or someone else can't host, here are a few suggestions.

If you want to go cheap and easy-going in Queens, a Knights of Columbus would probably work well, but that means people will have to make their own overnight arrangements. I think most of them have at least one TV screen, and I could probably bring a TV if needed. I could also probably serve as car service to get people from the airport to the place (I'm not picking people up in Manhattan if the thing is in Queens or LI), but that's more iffy. I actually have some slight connection to the one near my house in Bayside, and I could easily find out the cost and other details. The other NY people should let me know if they want to pursue this option.

If you want something more comfortable, I've been to a couple of non-Tecmo events at Courtyard Marriotts and they seemed to go very smoothly. I don't know what conference rooms at these places cost, though.

• 2 weeks later...

tourneyjl0.jpg

Hey everyone. We have great news! NYCLAN is teaming up with us to host our tournament on Saturday, January 27th. NYCLAN is a brand new gaming lounge located in the Village, that focuses primarily on game console systems. This gaming establishment has a backroom with 8 High Definition televisions that will be used exclusively for our tournament.

Bad Moon Rison and I stopped by NYCLAN today and we both agree, this gaming lounge is the best location to host our tournament. Here's the website of the venue: NYCLAN

The tournament is scheduled for 3pm. This tournament will run for approximately 5 hours. Please arrive at the venue no later than 2:30, so we can setup the tournament brackets and game equipment. We believe this is going to be an exciting competition and hope everyone can take part in this great event! After dinner, we hope all participants will join us for dinner/drinks at a pub nearby.

What we need from You:

Confirmation that you plan to attend this tournament.

10 Dollars per person to cover venue fees.

Nintendo Entertainment Systems

Tecmo Super Bowl game catridges.

The place was pretty damn nice. It was spacious yet comfortable at the same time. We'd pretty much have the entire back area to ourselves. The guy who ran the place was cool with us and we had a discussion about the logistics of the tourney. It seems like it will run smoothly there. As mentioned, we definitely need consoles, cartridges, and RSVPs!

Getting this venue has actually got me excited about this tourney! (moreso)

I hope you can make it zach. My money was on you for the second tourney.

i dont think ill go unless there is a cash prize.

We are still considering a 'prize' for this event. If a majority calls for a cash prize than we will take that into consideration.

This venue is a great place and I'm excited that we were able to rent it at such a resonable price. I really hope members on the board and players jump on this event caus I know this tourney will kick ass.