6 Worst Teams In Tecmo

Gary Reasons

Not fearful for turnovers but at least they can cover the field much much better and get deflections and provide some means of run stoppping. Unfortunately CB's can be pretty good run stoppers especially the top one on some of the sweeps down.

Still NO's advantage at kicker and OL and FB is basically worthless. I'll tkae dallas's slight advantage at QB, advantage at RB, advantage in the WR/TE core, advantage in DB's and nearly the same LB's.

See, I don't see the difference between the two teams being that inseperable until you hit the special teams. As for Heyward, that's another blocker in the running game which has become invaluable to me (with Chicago' Muster).

But a better kicker and return team? They can be vital over time.

The extra 6ms at RB and the 38 50 63 defender a top CB make a big difference. I'm not saying its a total lopsided mismatch but against another man opponent you'll have a greater chance of getting stops with dallas's defense than no's. The KR's are only going help mask a shitty defense a little bit. Also somtimes I almost find a somewhat shittier kicker preferrable b/c the arrow will come back to where you want it sooner.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for Heyward, that's another blocker in the running game which has become invaluable to me (with Chicago' Muster).

You can't even compare Heyward with Muster........ yes, Heyward can do almost everything Muster can, except for the fact that Muster is a catching mufuka! :cry:;)

....that makes Muster invaluable, yes .....Heyward, not so much ;)

Uh.....

1) "Aikman is not that much better than Walsh"

First, anyone who starts Walsh over Fourcade is stupid. Second, Aikman has Fourcade in PS. Who cares about Aikman's backup? Are we playing to win or playing to give everyone a shot at the ball.

2) "Emmitt is not that much better than Hilliard"

One notch of MS is huge in runningbacks. If you don't know this, then please learn it. There is a reason 56ms backs don't last past the 2nd round in drafts while 50ms backs fall to the 5th. If you do know this and are just trying to dismiss it to try to make the Saints seem better, then your faith is admiring.

3) "Heyward is a true FB"

Do you know what FBs are in Tecmo? Worthless. This isn't Madden.

4) NO may have *slightly* better receivers. I guess. Although it's all a wash when your best qb is 44ps/44pc. They don't have a burner and the high rec is canceled out by Fourcade's low pc.

5) NO has better DL.

So what? None of them are superstars so you won't notice a difference between a dallas dl and a saints dl.

6) NO has better LBS / DBs suck shit

Good luck stopping anybody even remotely good at offense with Pat Swilling.

7) NO has better kick-return unit

Well maybe the Saints should stop allowing so many points and that won't be a factor.

:cry: NO has better FG kicker

I'd rather have Aikman and Emmitt Smith to actually punch in the touchdown than to stall with an offense whose best player is a 50ms back.

9) Seriously, how does a better DL (insignificant), FB (insignificant), LBs (not as significant as DBs), a KR/K become a greater asset than the three most important positions in Tecmo (QB, RB, DBs)?

Ok, so you're obviously "the guy" around here who's incapable of having a conversation and must turn everything into a fight. I see you even have "mod" status; how happy we all are for you.

My post leaves openings for discussions while yours is full of attacks. Great. But if I may go back to one point you made, just this one: "Good luck stopping anybody even remotely good at offense with Pat Swilling."

Hm, and who exactly is Dallas bringing to the field to stop anyone good at offense?

I was giving you a point-by-point rebuttal. The only difference from my post and yours was I numbered mine. It's not my fault you can't reply to my side of the argument with facts backing up your opinion and instead resorting to playcating and sarcasm.

I was giving you a point-by-point rebuttal. The only difference from my post and yours was I numbered mine. It's not my fault you can't reply to my side of the argument with facts backing up your opinion and instead resorting to playcating and sarcasm.

I can and gladly will if you're sincere. Also, the "reply" function here is kind of lacking. Although you were certainly hateful, but I can overcome that if you're willing to honestly converse.

Are you sincere? I'd hate to think you're not, being as I enjoy your AV and sig so much.

I can and gladly will if you're sincere. Also, the "reply" function here is kind of lacking. Although you were certainly hateful, but I can overcome that if you're willing to honestly converse.

Are you sincere? I'd hate to think you're not, being as I enjoy your AV and sig so much.

just be glad Soby's not around or was too bored with this thread to join, he'd tear all your points to shreds, too, and wouldn't be as nice going about it as grip :cry:

How is Walsh better than Fourcade? If I'm not mistaken, Fourcade has him beat or equalled in every meaningful quarterback ability. The person is not stupid the same way a kid is, just tecmo stupid.

As for QB's arms Walsh has a 44/38/50/50 while Fourcade has a 44/44/31/38. Fourcade has him equalled in PS and beaten by one notch in PC while being soundly bested in the other two catergories. Is there something else you consider meaningful?

"tecmo stupid"

I'm still missing how you're not being hateful here. Really, if you can point out to me how I'm wrong between these two QBs, and in such a glaring fashion, then ok, but otherwise you're just being a dick on the subject.

pass accuracy has no effect in the game. it's been proven. it is a meaningless integer.

avoid pass block doesn't have any real effect or bearing on the qbs either.

PC is the absolute most important quality of a quarterback. 100% of people that have played long enough to know what the numbers are for will take a 44pc/6pa/6ab over a 38pc/100pa/100ab every day of the week.

tecmo stupid isn't really as hurtful as you're interpreting it. I was tecmo stupid when I joined the forums/TPC. Just about everyone was.

I think he is saying the Accuracy Of Pass and Avoid Pass Block is meaningless.

I heard time and time again that AOP actually is meaningless.....but not sure about APB ?? ;)

also.....

100% of people that have played long enough to know what the numbers are for will take a 44pc/100pa/100ab over a 38pc/6pa/6ab every day of the week.

Don't you mean take a 44/6/6 over a 38/100/100 ??? :cry:

I'm pretty sure apb only factors in when DL/LBs are blitzing and are right in the QBs face. Having 100 apb will still get your passes blocked. It's not like a high apb QB can throw down field and good defensive backs still can't jump INT or jump block it. There's never a time in any game where you would go "Oh man, if only I had 2 more notches of apb, I'd have won the game." But you can clearly see when a notch or two PC means all the difference in the world.

I think he is saying the Accuracy Of Pass and Avoid Pass Block is meaningless.

I heard time and time again that AOP actually is meaningless.....but not sure about APB ?? ;)

also.....

100% of people that have played long enough to know what the numbers are for will take a 44pc/100pa/100ab over a 38pc/6pa/6ab every day of the week.

Don't you mean take a 44/6/6 over a 38/100/100 ??? :cry:

ha, yes. that's what i meant.

tecmo stupid isn't really as hurtful as you're interpreting it. I was tecmo stupid when I joined the forums/TPC. Just about everyone was.

Being new to these forums (while playing this game since it came out) made me apprehensive.

Continue, please...

I still contend that Dallas is in no way "easily superior" to NO. Which was my original point in all of this ruckus. If someone wants to say Dallas is better, eh, maybe. But "easily superior"?

Being new to these forums (while playing this game since it came out) made me apprehensive.

Continue, please...

I still contend that Dallas is in no way "easily superior" to NO. Which was my original point in all of this ruckus. If someone wants to say Dallas is better, eh, maybe. But "easily superior"?

NewOrleansSaints-Faith.jpg

I've been playing the game since it came out also. That doesn't mean I knew:

*PC was the most important QB aspect. PA has no effect on the game.

*the difference between RS, RP and MS

*how much HP a player needs to popcorn

*what affects a team's kick return ms

*what affects a team's punt return ms

*what is necessary for a jumping INT

*That QB Browns is one of the 5 best qbs on the rom

*etc

Dallas is easily superior to New Orleans because they have New Orleans easily trumped in the 3 most important positions in Tecmo (QB, RB, DB)

New Orleans doesn't even come closing to gaining ground by having 2 average LBs (in the two most useless spots) and below average WRs. Their kickoff return is the best in the game, but when you're basing that strength off of the fact that the only time they can receive kicks is when they allow points, then it's really not that useful.

Their kickoff return is the best in the game, but when you're basing that strength off of the fact that the only time they can receive kicks is when they allow points, then it's really not that useful.

I agree with you on most points, but come on- that is some fallacious logic.

Well, unless you plan on getting 3-4 safeties a game, how are you going to use your kickoff return team? Other than the coin toss, the only way you can return the ball is if you allow points. That's like saying the best aspect of the Giants is Lawrence Taylor being able to block XPs. If you allowed the TD or the FG to begin with, how happy can you be that you're returning a kickoff. I'd much rather have a defense that made stops and forced turnovers or punts than a team that allowed TDs but had a good return team.

A great KR game is not huge but it does have a bit more value then you make with your agrument. Granted you have to allow points to use your kick return team other than the opening kcikoff or after the half but most tecmo teams and even the best defenses are going to allow at least about 14pts a game iven the offensive nature of the original rom. Say it was 21-14 and your opponent just scored ti tie it up 21-21 with 2 min left. On the ensuing kickoff you return the kick back to the house. That's pretty demoralizing. Also every additional first down you need gives the defense another chance for a stop or turnover.

I'm not saying that a great KR game is huge but it does have a bit more value then you make with your argument.And its fairly valuable to have a good KR game if your defense is shitty but KR vs defense of course i'm going to take defense. THat's like comparing apples and oranges.

A good kick return game is much more valuable in the NFL b/c a lot more drives don't end up in scores so a good kick return game helps you in the field position battle. Most tecmo drives result in either scores or turnovers.

Barring a return for TD or tackle inside the 5, gaining an extar 10 yards doesn't help much.

• 4 weeks later...

TOTALS! The six worst teams in TSB, as voted by everyone who voted:

1. IND: 89 (14 out of 19 voters picked them as the worst)

2. NE: 77 (5 picks for worst)

3. SEA: 46 (on 15 lists)

4. CLE: 42 (on 16 lists)

5. GB: 30 (on 14 lists)

6. NO: 24 (on 11 lists)

Dishonorable mention:

PHX: 20 (on 9 lists)

ATL: 6

TB: 6

DAL: 5

JETS: 3

RAMS: 2

points are bad here, I awarded as follows for each person's votes:

1. 5

2. 4

3. 3

4. 3

5. 2

6. 2

If multiple teams at 5 or 6, only 1 point was given. In some cases different points were awarded, depending on the person's comments about the teams.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to be soundin' off so late on this. You guys that were debating the great Dallass-New Orleans face off. . . When you guys play these two teams head to head (whether vMAN or vCOM), what kind of results do you usually get? Are you able to smear one more than the other? I mean, i'm getting the overall impression that it's just so damn easy to beat NO with DAL. And that's not what i've found whenever i've played the game. I mean sure, in vCOM whoever i am is gonna beat the other. But if you play those games for stats, can you compile the better numbers with DAL or NO? Whenever we played our tourneys/seasons, NO had better overall seasons each time and went to the playoffs every now and again. Dallas did no such good. And i know, 'different styles' and the like. But still....

Aikman vs Fourcade = draw

Both have one good reciever but Saints are mostly very slow

O-line about a draw

D-line both are ok

LB edge to Saints but not as big as you would think

DB Dallas is decent Saints are almost unuseable

So I'd say Dallas already has the edge before you even get to Emmitt, and he really puts them over the top

Mine are:

1) IND

2) NE

3) CLE

4) GB

5) SEA

6) ATL

ATL is probably better than NO, but I've noticed that I suck for some reason when I use ATL and I do substantially better with NO

Bad Moon Rison isn't good with Rison? Alright! now I don't feel so bad losing with the Cardinals