tsb documentation?

cxrom

has there ever been any documentation released as to how data is stored in the rom and where it is located. i looked at the specs of the MMC3, and tsb only utilizes half the prg and chr space available. through proper bank switching it is highly possible to add the expansion teams. the process would go alot faster if i didnt have to figure out the data structures, but if there is no info then i got a lot of work ahead of me.

i dissassembled each prg-bank and have begun working on getting the game to go back to the play select screen after TDs so the play can either go for the 2point or choose a field goal(which would be adjusted to an extra point).

yeah, it's on here somewhere but I can't seem to find it right now.

the Player team definitions are defined right at the start of the game.

It starts with the team pointers, then the player pointers, then the players and attributes.

When I have a little more time I either find the stuff or otherwise document it.

• 2 weeks later...

well here's an update on progress...i've added two teams to the select screen. right now the names are blank and i have them pointing to the 49ers and Cardinals, so not too usefull yet. im working on adding slots for the rest, but because of the way the game loads the right team pointers, i have to rework the NFC/AFC loading routines to load NFC/AFC or a regular team based on user choice. what i need, if anyone knows, is any info on player attributes (location in rom, length of bytes per player, anything!?!?, etc.). i looked through the documentation forum to no avail.

What i need, if anyone knows, is any info on player attributes (location in rom, length of bytes per player, anything!?!?, etc.). i looked through the documentation forum to no avail.

The player attributes are at x3010 to x3CDB (immediately after the section with the player names) with the positions having a different length depending on what stats they require. There is info out there on this if you look or I could point you to the stuff.

Anything else you need?

Here is a link to some links. Not sure how helpful they'll be.

http://www.tecmobowl.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8342#66835

Also I have this which is incomplete but has a lot:

000-6D0: iNES header information

6D0-2E2C: Player Names

2E2D-3010 Dead Space

3010-3CD0 Player Attributes and Data

3CDC-4010 Dead Space

4010-41F3 Play Formations positioning

41F4-440F: Dead Space

4410-4BF6 Offensive play pointers to specific actions for each player in the play

4BF8-4e09 Dead Space

~8000-9FFF Specific offensive commands for players

~A000-BFFF Specific defensive commands for players

18163 to 1869F Simulation code

1D310 Team Default playbooks

1D410-1DA10 Play names and pointers

1DC10 Defensive reaction pointers

27506 Play Graphics pointers

First 256K is Rom data. Last 128K is graphic.

• 3 weeks later...
status page

nothing playable yet, workin on atts and large helmet for texans and jaguars

This is pretty impressive, I never thought that you could enable those blank spots as teams.

If I could also offer some freindly advice: figure out if it's even possible to incorporate all of the team data and game play before you concentrate on the graphics. They just aren't important until you get the functionality working.

One more suggestion. If you were able to make those blank spots selectable as 2 teams, what's stopping you from using the 2 pro bowl teams to include TEN and CAR?

Please document and post your findings either as you go along or when you are finished.

i am, but this needs to be cleaned up so it'll be awhile.

If you were able to make those blank spots selectable as 2 teams, what's stopping you from using the 2 pro bowl teams to include TEN and CAR?

the pro-bowl teams are staying in. there is an array of (Y,X) for the team select screen for the white pointer to position itself based on user input. there are still 4 unused spots to the right of NFC and AFC and above CIN and DEN. those top 6 spots load data differently because they are assumed NFC or AFC, not regular teams. im just gonna have that loading routine redirect the PC based on the (Y,X).

figure out if it's even possible to incorporate all of the team data and game play before you concentrate on the graphics.

so far all four expansion teams have names, numbers and palettes inserted. the space for attributes and large helmets has been allocated, but its all set to $00.