Modifying Tecmo Super Bowl Plays

Knobbe

If you're looking for something to do in terms of rom deving, Bruddog has made a couple of finds over the last week. Check the other posts by him in this section.

I could make a site about this but honestly it's not fully developed. Basically what I envision is the listing of new plays, the graphics to go with them, and the proper code to make the change.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How exactly do you guys find out the pointers and memory locations of this stuff? There's a mile list of hex in the game. Do the emulators tell ya where they're looking on the rom to give ya starting point or anything?

like the old season simulation stuff... how did that guy find that info? he actually scrambled bit by bit and simulated a season to see if he found it? seems like that would take eons to do. or perhaps this guy knew where to look somehow?

consider me clueless :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

i think we'll have to make due with the tiles we got because I don't think we can add tiles due to these only being 2 digit pointers. am i correct in saying we need 4 digit pointers to get anywhere on the rom?

i don't know how to follow where the pointer says the tiles are. perhaps there's some blank area after the tiles to work with?

i'm sticking my nose in

From what I understand, that you can only address up to like $FFFF or something on the NES, that would be correct. You wouldn't necessarily want to do that because some of that is memory-mapped I/O stuff, but that does impose a size limitation.

i think we'll have to make due with the tiles we got because I don't think we can add tiles due to these only being 2 digit pointers. am i correct in saying we need 4 digit pointers to get anywhere on the rom?

i don't know how to follow where the pointer says the tiles are. perhaps there's some blank area after the tiles to work with?

i'm sticking my nose in