Cards of TSB Players

gripsmoke

I don't remember who here collected football cards when they were kids, but as I was packing to move I found a couple cards of players from TSB. Pretty fun nostalgia.

Jojo Townsell NYJ WR

Greg Townsend LA DE

John Stephens NE RB

Eddie Anderson RAI S

Tom White, Gordon McCarter, Gene Barth Referrees

Melvin Bratton DEN RB

Matt Millen SF LB

Bennie Blades DET S

Aaron Cox RAM WR

Dalton Hilliard NO RB

Al Toon NYJ WR

Tunch Ilkin PIT RT (44 MS!) (His mother was Miss Turkey of 1950 and his name is pronounced Toonch)

Keith Ferguson DET DL

Drew Hill HOU WR

Ken O'Brien NYJ QB

Ray Donaldson IND C

Jeff Wright BUF DL

Dan Owens DET DL

Courtney Hall SD OL

Harry Hamilton TB S

Bill Brooks IND WR

Al Noga MIN DL

Jeff Herrod IND LB

Andre Reed BUF WR

Michael Brooks DEN LB

Tom Newberry RAMS OL

Mark Kelso BUF S

Sammie Smith MIA RB

Other notables: I have a couple cards from the 'World League' of Kay Stephenson, head coach of the Sacramento Surge, and Todd Hammel, QB of the New Jersey Knights

I also have two head coaches from TSB. Dick MacPherson of New England, and the great Bill Belichick of the Browns.

I collected football cards like a maniac when I was in 5,6,7,8 grade.

(That would of been '87,88,89,90 I think.) I stopped once I got into girls and anyways there were like 4 or 5 companies making multiple sets per year by then, so I thought it sucked.

I still have all my cards - I have almost all the 'great' players that started careers in the '80s rookie cards (Topps) and some early 90s.

I also have a hand assembled and factory Score '90 sets. (Are they still rare?)

I have MANY oldschool rookie cards too - Sayers, Dorsett, OJ, Csonka, Tarkenton,Deacon, Rice, Earl,Elway, Marino, Montana,LT,Lott...too many to list/remember. Actually, my main focus was the older cards (<1987) because they were cool looking pictures - not the over-hyped clossy '90s+ cards.

Some cool cards I came across in early 90 were the 'Action Packed' 1st series. These were "puffy" metallic-type cards and only Redskins, Giants, and Bears were made (I think those are the only teams.) I believe these are rare.

(I was always a fan of Dave Meggett, btw.)

All of these cards are in a couple boxes (in cases and books of course) but I haven't looked at them for 8 years or so.

Anyways, I'm sure I have almost all of the TSB players cards in one form or another...

BUCK

Yeah, Score and Pro Set 1989 - if it was the 1st year for those companies. It's the year of B Sanders, D Thomas, T Aikman, D Sanders, etc rookie cards. That's what I'm talking about.

U know it's funny U guys are mentioning this U know cause there was ar jennings before the game and he was sayin 'u know this guy right hwerre we could trade for and get some good guy U know;

Action - packed was where it was for me! Wow that brings back memories of going to wal mart for the latest 'beckett football monthly'. In '94 when Rice broke the record for all time touchdowns with jim brown they put his picture on the beckett monthly and i put it on my school folder.

Aaaaaaaah the sweet smell of nostalgia is most alluring to my olfactory nerves :wink::lol::lol::lol:

I've been casually collection cards of Tecmo Super Bowl players for about a year. I'm up to 540 players (of 840). 71% of offensive starters done, 73% of defensive starters done. The most I've got for any team is the Bills (25/30), and the least is the Cowboys (15/30). I've completed the Bills offensive starters, and the Chiefs defensive starters rosters.

I set up all the numbers in a lovely excel document. What I haven't done yet is type up the list of players - I just printed a copy of the roster out and have been crossing them off.

What makes it even more challenging is that I'm in Australia, and I don't really bother with buying from the US. Except in the case of autographed cards (*huggles Steve Grogan, Jeff George, Scott Norwood and the others of his collection of 'stars'*).

Grogan is "a wily veteren who likes to gamble with long passes", according to Pacific (I think).

given the mass production of cards it's pretty cheap just to acquire a complete set of cards
I buy them by the booster box (usually 36 packs of 15), so I get most of the cards in the set.

Have you researched this in depth to know for sure about Bob Nelson? You are getting me thinking to start my own collection.
My research involves searching on eBay, so there's a good chance there is one, but they do tend to have most of the old common cards from ~1990 up. It's all Bob Nelson the 50s baseballer.

• 3 weeks later...

i myself am trying to complete a collection of tecmo cards myself... here's what i got:

http://www.callmefairf.com/tecmo/tecmoquest.htm

in response to the bob nelson question, the following cards of him exist:

1990 Packers Shultz #2

1990 Packers Shultz #2

1990 Packers Shultz #12

1990 Packers Shultz #51

1990 Packers Shultz #92

1990 Topps #54

1990 Topps Tiffany #54

1991 Pacific Flash Cards #3

cards of the following players don't exist:

WR Vernon Joines (browns)

WR Kendal Smith (bengals)

These are the only cards that exists of the following players:

1989 Franchise Game Barry Helton (niners punter)

1998 Bears Fan Convention Glen Kozlowski (bears wr)

1999 Bears Fan Convention Glen Kozlowski (bears wr)

1988 North Carolina Darrell Hamilton (broncos ol)

ok i'm bored of doing this worthless research...

Nice research. I'm impressed.

According to my lists I have at least one card of the following players you're missing:

Howard Ballard (BUF)

Tony Blaylock (CLE)

Jim Wahler (PHX)

Harry Galbreath (MIA)

Ken Dallafior (DET)

James Campen (GB)

Alan Veingrad (GB)

Scott Stephen (GB)

Chris Jacke (GB)

Marvin Allen (NE)

Jerry Robinson (RAI)

Marcus Koch (WAS)

John Tice (NO)

Derek Hill (PIT)

Rich Gannon (MIN)

Scott Studwell (MIN)

I'll have a look tonight to see if I have doubles of them. I could send what I have... even though I'm all the way in Australia I don't think sending a handful of cards would cost much. We could even trade! I haven't traded trading cards for about ten years.

I'll check it out!

After a search of 3 boxes (Tecmo Stars, Tecmo Other and non-Tecmo), I've found what I have as doubles.

Chris Jacke (GB) - Fleer 90, Score 90

Marcus Koch (WAS) - Pro Set 91

John Tice (NO) - Pro Set 89

Derek Hill (PIT) - Fleer 90

Rich Gannon (MIN) - Pro Set 91

Scott Studwell (MIN) - Fleer 90

Koch was hiding in the non-Tecmo box. I'm suprised I couldn't find a Marvin Allen spare. I think I must have given it away to my Tecmo Pats loving friend. With the others I'm not really that suprised that I don't have doubles. The Gannon and Koch cards are landscape...

I don't know how you feel about cards of the players not at their TSB club. I assume you don't count them, but if you do I also have a Brent Fullwood (Browns in the game, Packers on the card).