Trying to remove/replace all Pro T plays from TSB playbook

SBlueman

I am working on updating the playbook to eliminate the Pro T formation plays. One way I was attempting to do this was to create an optional offset I formation with RB1 at tailback and RB2 at fullback. I edited this line of code:

SET(0x4144, 0xD6A14FA2F2A196A2CBA2F3A2)

I then set the following plays to this new formation:

T FAKE SWEEP R

T POWER DIVE

PRO T DIVE

T PLAY ACTION D2

But when I run the plays, the running backs shift their place on the field right after the snap. Is there a way to edit the post-snap player movements so they don't shift after the snap and run the play out of their set positions?

Edited by SBlueman

On 10/27/2022 at 6:55 AM, bruddog said:

That’s likely because RB1 is the “bottom” RB in those plays and you likely just switched things around.

You would have to actually edit the player actions for those plays so they move in a different way.

Gotcha. Made some changes, came up with this at the end of it all:

TSB Playbook Edit v2.0 [Offset Pro T Changes].nes

1337875189_TSBPlaybookEditv2.0OffsetProTChanges-3.png.cdadf90203e1676f96510855b6cc92a9.png1385429604_TSBPlaybookEditv2.0OffsetProTChanges-2.png.f9738b130a9bc02500d8dffb232171fe.png1163518139_TSBPlaybookEditv2.0OffsetProTChanges-1.png.d1dfd28511024a102bc5fc29d55523d2.png135575676_TSBPlaybookEditv2.0OffsetProTChanges-0.png.b8e1d80a21a91e663413b78296e961e3.png1311696055_TSBPlaybookEditv2.0OffsetProTChanges-4.png.80e91d21cd61b5b5366237f91c2d5798.png

I could only come up for two running plays for the 2 Back Shotgun formation I edited most of the Pro T formation plays to. One is just a QB Sweep out of the formation and the other is the Shotgun Draw with the blocking edited a bit as well. I need to see if the snap on the draw can get sped up some, never dabbled into that code. I tried to run T Sweep Strong and T Cross Run L out of the new formation but the QB and RB post-snap movement was a hot mess that I could not figure out how to fix. 

I also edited in some Offset I plays with the RB's reversed. The FB still has a hitch after the snap but I think it's consistent enough to not be a dead giveaway with other plays that have the hitch as well. The majority of the other changes are simply running plays out of other formations and running all Shotgun plays outside of the 2 Back Shotgun out of Shotgun B. My goal was to get rid of the Pro T formation plays and that's a s good as I can come up with the skillset I have. I worked mostly between the Offense and Play Graphic tab in TSB Play Maker but the other tabs and features are still not in my grasp. Any constructive criticism, tips or ideas are more than welcome.

Edited by SBlueman

I just noticed the playbook in the rom above has a problem involving the QB in the Shotgun 3-Wing. I copied it to make 3-Wing XZ Post in pass slot 1-0 but now Shotgun 3-Wing has the QB start in the shotgun, then he drops back after the snap and offscreen. When I go to edit Shotgun 3-Wing the default QB code has been switched to a  dropback. But when I edit it to the correct shotgun command, it changes the dropback in the new 3-Wing XZ Post to the QB not dropping back at all. Looks like I am stuck in a vicious loop. 

TSB Playbook Edit v3.0 [Offset Pro T Changes].nes 

Finally! I figured out how to fix the issue. I went to TSB Play Maker and changed the play from 3-Wing XZ Post back to Pro T Waggle L, then edited the play position by position in TSB Play Maker. After that I went into a hex editor to fix the dropback code for the QB and it's now fixed. I also found a bug with one of the 2 RB Shotgun plays that was crashing the game. Ran a COM vs COM season and no glitches. So there it is, an updated Tecmo Super Bowl playbook with no Pro T formation plays.

Edited by SBlueman

I guess the work continues... I made a patch for the 28-team rom but it doesn't seem to work for the 32-team rom. Time to dig deeper into the 32 team rom and see what changes I need to make to get it to work. Biggest glitch is after applying the patch the game freezes when you go to any of the categories in the NFL Leaders. Here is a patch for the 28-team rom:

TSB Playbook Edit v3.0 [Offset Pro T Changes].ips

• SBlueman changed the title to Trying to remove/replace all Pro T plays from TSB playbook

I've been working like a fiend on trying to apply the same playbook changes from the 28 team rom to the 32 team base rom and I've run into a wall. I have three plays giving me different results from the 28 team edit, Run 2 (HB Offset Dive), Run 4 (Offset FB Dive) and Pass 1 (Offset X Slant):

1233779175_T-Borg20XXBaseROM-nooffset2-Copy-0.png.02807c74b1a3004ab59c21040e64b2e8.png

T-Borg 20XX Base ROM - Playbook Edit.nes

On the two run plays the runner gets the ball but the defense just piles up at the line of scrimmage and the RB can run untouched (off screen) to a touchdown while the camera is stuck at the line of scrimmage. On the pass play the QB can scramble off screen and then the screen jumps to him when you pass. Anyone have any ideas as to what I am doing wrong between the two versions?

Correct, all the original shotgun plays run out of the shotgun B formation. Unfortunately, there seems to be an issue with the in-game playbook hack and the push/pull hack with the 28-team rom. When you try to install them together it crashes the rom. 

789146592_T-Borg20XXBaseROM-nooffset2-Copy-0.png.d89055d68e8a0bdcfc889cbd77569f51.png

Run 2 (HB Offset Dive), Run 4 (Offset FB Dive) and Pass 1 (Offset X Slant) are the plays with the issues. It's driving me insane that I can't figure out why they are glitchy in the 32-team rom and not the 28-team rom.

Edited by SBlueman

T-Borg 20XX Base ROM - Playbook Edit v2.nes

1886053812_T-Borg20XXBaseROM-PlaybookEditv2-0.png.75d57097d5fea28d968a7d4952811b3d.png

I couldn't figure out how to make the plays work and didn't know how to change the plays to an I formation. I ended up settling with a FB sweep in run slot 1, an off tackle out of the  R&S in sun slot 2, an off tackle out of the R&S 3-wing and a new Oneback pass in pass slot 1.