All-Backups Team (SNES)

forn

Hey everyone,

I was just putzing around with this game and got bored winning with teams I assembled to do well (having three reliable WRs, a quality blocking back who never touches the ball so he never gets hurt, six reliable DBs, four reliable LBs, etc.) and I wanted to do a new challenge: Assemble the best team I could entirely out of other teams' backups. Has anyone done this before? What's the team you assembled? So far I'm thinking:

QB: B. Kosar, B. Brister, B. Hebert

RB: R. Harmon, T. Vardell, R. Cobb, E. Metcalf (H. Walker if you don't want the second FB)

WR: G. Clark, D. Howard, J. Graham, T. Small ||| R. Sanders (FA)

TE: K. Brady, M. Bavaro

OL: I usually just swap in all the FA guys

DL: J. Cross, W. Sapp, J. Jeffcoat, C. Hennings, F. Stokes, J. Geathers ||| T. Harris (FA), G. Townsend (FA) - sidenote, getting Waldrop from KC and Bratzke from NYG in trades = 220 droppable points, net gain of 120 after adding Harris & Townsend

LB:  R. Holmberg, D. Bickett, T. Irving, K. Gouveia, J. Kelly ||| M. Vanderbeek (FA), W. Marshall (FA)

CB: M. McGruder, N. Mustafaa, J. Hasty, C. Raymond ||| T. Cook (FA) {for this exercise I purposely avoid Deion Sanders, since he delayed signing with anybody on purpose that season)

S: K. Schulz, R. Lott, K. Taylor

LB and S are the most difficult because they're supposed to be able to hit, and the ones who can hit typically start for their teams. I used to think OL didn't matter very much, but Derrmontti Dawson just won Offensive Player of the Year in a sim I let fly.

Edited by forn
word

• forn changed the title to All-Backups Team (SNES)