COM vs COM Double Elimination Tournament

Just for fun, I'm doing a COM vs COM double elimination tournament. Games are played in preseason. Teams are seeded 1 to 28. I'm using a 32-team format because the math works out better, so 4 teams get byes in the first 2 rounds. Here are the results of round 1:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-teHrKFivSikdBdVNGBc3DKR3Yz8vZUMEdtOrl94fsc/edit?usp=sharing

So if you're trying to follow along, my top 4 seeds are S.F., HOU, GIA, and RAI. They get byes in the first round. The first game is #5 seed BUF vs #28 seed IND. BUF won 42-10. Then PHI beat N.E. 24-10, SEA upset CHI 21-14, and so on. That CHI-SEA game was crazy with a lot of Tecmo bullshit. I recorded movies of every game, so I might make videos of some if there is any interest.

Love COM vs COM stuff! I got into it after play testing the rom edits I've worked on. I run hundreds of COM vs COM seasons before releasing, fine tuning the playbook and rosters to try to come up with results and stats that were consistent with what I wanted them to be. Since it's the 32-team rom you are using, are you just using the original 28 teams and their playbooks? And are you using any hacks to help improve the COM's play?

Edited by SBlueman

19 hours ago, SBlueman said:

Love COM vs COM stuff! I got into it after play testing the rom edits I've worked on. I run hundreds of COM vs COM seasons before releasing, fine tuning the playbook and rosters to try to come up with results and stats that were consistent with what I wanted them to be. Since it's the 32-team rom you are using, are you just using the original 28 teams and their playbooks? And are you using any hacks to help improve the COM's play?

I'm using the original 28-team rom with no playbook changes. I made a 32-team bracket, though, because the math works out better with 32 teams. So 4 teams have byes in the first round, and then 4 teams in the loser bracket have byes in the second round, then it's good until the end. I didn't use any hacks. I forgot that P1 has an advantage until after I started, so I'm just letting it go. I've been putting the higher seeded team in P1 so it's like a home field advantage. I haven't really noticed P2 suffering that much. There have been upsets from that side even with the disadvantage, and maybe only 1 or 2 games that I think might have gone the other way if the teams were switched. It's all just for fun, it's not going to be any kind of indication of which teams are actually better.