2022 Helmet changes...damn you Washington!

The 2022 season is right around the corner and the major change this year when it comes to helmets is the change to Washington. @COA Elwayposted up a screenshot for an edited large helmet logo for them he put together quickly:

Can this be updated on the 32-team BASE rom? There's another issue with the team update. If you try to edit Washington to the "WASHINGTON COMMANDERS" it ends up all messed up on the team:

169365922_Screenshot2022-05-17204117.gif.919414dae424c0269238130fce6470c7.gif

635217980_TSBBase32-TeamROM-2021Helmets-Copy-0.png.16495eae77fc97f83c3419f19c493283.png

I was wondering if the trick @bruddogposted here could fix this, but it seems the files are now unavailable:

So... would having the "WASHINGTON COMMANDERS" be possible or will Tecmo fans be stuck with a neutered "WASH. COMMANDERS" as a compromise?

I am attaching a copy of the 2021 32-team base rom if there's anyone who has some helmet editing skills that can help. Unfortunately, editing helmets is a little too over my head. The previous helmet with the numbers was one thing, this new logo is a different league of editing. 

TSB Base 32-Team ROM - 2021 Helmets.nes

Edited by SBlueman

@SBlueman It takes rearranging where the team names start on the team data screen. As well as moving the conference  name over.

But you will also have a problem on the blue screen stats page because there is a 10 character limit. The only way around that is to use small letters instead of large ones for  the team mascots on the blue screen page.

6 hours ago, bruddog said:

@SBlueman It takes rearranging where the team names start on the team data screen. As well as moving the conference  name over.

But you will also have a problem on the blue screen stats page because there is a 10 character limit. The only way around that is to use small letters instead of large ones for  the team mascots on the blue screen page.

chance.gif.c7ab3fa3cc147ccb9be24c1469515695.gif

Thanks for the accolades. That was done with Tile layer Pro…and it was hard…all free hand and I suppose a good eye? That was my first large helmet and it came out great. The SNES helmets have an odd orientation as well. I need to do the Ravens helmet but with the helmet positioned like that will take some serious creativity. The endzone was my first as well and that took up a whole day. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gave it a second go after clearing my head and it's about as good as I can get it now:

1074621252_Screenshot2022-06-11235938.gif.eb99510d3cabaafb43173a502dfd2d63.gif

1630958623_Screenshot2022-06-12000410.gif.5a9ec1a1a01f90fb6248cf6aacc7775a.gif

Here's an updated rom for anyone who'd like to use it for themselves:

TSB Base 32-Team ROM - 2022.nes

If anyone can make it better, please feel free to improve upon it!

Edited by SBlueman

On 6/13/2022 at 9:37 AM, SBlueman said:

It's pixelated all to hell but it's the best I can do with what I had to work with. 

I'm wondering if it can be sideways a bit so the sides are straight. That might look a different kind of off though

image.png

On 6/12/2022 at 2:01 AM, SBlueman said:

Gave it a second go after clearing my head and it's about as good as I can get it now:

1074621252_Screenshot2022-06-11235938.gif.eb99510d3cabaafb43173a502dfd2d63.gif

The thing you're missing is the yellow stripe at the top

Here is my take

The thing to note on the mini helmet is that it doesn't have the yellow stripe which would take a bit more editing

Fixed the text layout

# Change Team Page Layout to accomodate Washington Commanders
#Set team name line longer
SET(0x2FED7, 0x16)
#Move Conference Text
SET(0x1E977, 0x59)

image.png

image.pngTSB Base 32-Team ROM - 2022.nes

Edited by Knobbe
Fixed Typo

On 6/17/2022 at 9:35 AM, Knobbe said:

Here is my take

The thing to note on the mini helmet is that it doesn't have the yellow stripe which would take a bit more editing

Fixed the text layout

# Change Team Page Layout to accomodate Washington Commanders
#Set team name line longer
SET(0x2FED7, 0x16)
#Move Conference Text
SET(0x1E977, 0x59)

image.png

image.png TSB Base 32-Team ROM - 2022.nes 512.02 kB · 3 downloads

@Knobbe Thank you so much for this! I was racking my mind trying to figure out how to add the stripe to the large helmet. I've also been tinkering with the small helmet logo all week but can't seem to get a design that feels "right". I wish the logo could shift over to the right one pixel but there's only so much room and pixels to work with. 

On 6/22/2022 at 7:40 PM, SBlueman said:

@Knobbe Thank you so much for this! I was racking my mind trying to figure out how to add the stripe to the large helmet. I've also been tinkering with the small helmet logo all week but can't seem to get a design that feels "right". I wish the logo could shift over to the right one pixel but there's only so much room and pixels to work with. 

Yellow stripe, red facemask

TSB Base 32-Team ROM - 2022.nes

image.png

image.png