(SNES) SNES TSB: Enhanced Sprites/4th Edit (Colored Socks)

War6

SNES TSB: Enhanced Sprites/4th Edit (Colored Socks)

Ever wonder why the sprites for the cheerleaders, chain-gang, first down markers, goal posts, and a few other items in SNES TSB are outlined while player sprites were not? Perhaps this question will never be answered? Anyway, the sprites for this iteration have been outlined for fidelity or uniformity of most of the on-screen SNES TSB goodness.

Contents:

1. All sprites have a complete black outline.

2. The first ROM: socks are colored to match team jerseys & cleats/shoes are black. The second ROM = all white sock version (socks will always be white regardless of jersey color). The colored version looks outstanding though!

3. Shadowing around cleats/feet have been lightened.

4. All wristbands are white.

5. All endzones are subdued. Note: endzones utilize the snow game appearance in both fair & rainy weather.

6. Added an alternate "subdued field." NFL logo and field markings now correspond to the snow conditions which allows for easier tracking of the outlined sprites.

7. No pant striping (since players are outlined, striping made the uniforms appear too busy & cluttered…so the modern term would be “clean.” Additionally, when white jerseys are worn teams have a white stripe—a bad look for teams like the Raiders, Steelers, Falcons, and a whole host of other squads so stripes were removed.

8. Dazed players now shake their heads as if dizzy when getting up after being knocked over just like the NES version. The original SNES sprites did not shake their heads.

9. All running animations have been tightened up.

10. Neutral sprite pose changed to a more aggressive stance as the original seemed a bit too passive.

Enjoy!

Sheepdog/War6

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/05/2022
  • Category

Sheepdog!

I started a game, just to see what the coloured-socked uni's looked like:

Sprite/socks, look rad!  When i play more, I'll let you know on me'findings...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

I really enjoy both of your versions for NES and SNES. It makes the game much easier to watch, and the sharper look feels more modern in a good way.

I'd like to combine your graphic modifications with the gameplay changes made in several other mods. Could this be as simple as cutting and pasting the relevant data from one version to another?

Cheers

Thanks for the positive feedback.

The versions I uploaded have no hacks applied so you should be able to modify with relative ease. You can also drag the sprites over to your ROM by using Tile Layer Pro--you would just have to locate the sprite sheet in your ROM and drag the sprites over one by one (about a 45 minute job). Good luck!