FIELD

Ryzzynnwa

Can Field Size be changed? Instead of Running the standard width is there a way to double the field size and screen set to follow ball left and right and up and down. There by making passing and defense more strategic. Giving some advantaging to passing speed. I looked through the hack list but only saw one mention of changing the out of bounds.

6 hours ago, Ryzzynnwa said:

Can Field Size be changed? Instead of Running the standard width is there a way to double the field size and screen set to follow ball left and right and up and down. There by making passing and defense more strategic. Giving some advantaging to passing speed. I looked through the hack list but only saw one mention of changing the out of bounds.

It would be easier to make the field longer rather than wider. You could make it a little wider if you got rid of the crowd and had the oob right at the edge of the screen.

it would be kind of wierd tho to have a double wide(sideline to sideline) screen. You wouldn’t be able to see the wrs and dbs on one side of the field at all.  

Another option would be to make all players run slower when running vertically to simulate a wider field.

it would be kind of wierd tho to have a double wide(sideline to sideline) screen. You wouldn’t be able to see the wrs and dbs on one side of the field at all. 

I like this aspect. Just like you can't see deep on my defender or where your receivers are. I just want the ball to have a field of vision. 

So has this been tried. Doubling the field.

11 hours ago, Ryzzynnwa said:

I like this aspect. Just like you can't see deep on my defender or where your receivers are. I just want the ball to have a field of vision. 

So has this been tried. Doubling the field.

No it hasn't been tried because its a very difficult and complex hack. 

okay. Not trying to get to complex, thought it would be easy to add a partial field on each side. Wouldn't even change the offense let them line up the same just have five extra yards off screen on each side.

The other question I have is about the Def formations. I studied the thread in the link for it but I still don't quite understand, I've played around a bit with the string area. I would rather move the LOLB to the LE position and just have a strong side 4-3 with the ROLB being the Elephant position blitzer.

This is what I got so far. See attached.

I actually think there is a lot of wasted space in the play formations and strings. I broke it down this way. You have 8 offensive formations. with 4 plays each. You have 2 defensive formations. 

The offensive plays should stay the same no matter what. No difference in the way they set up based on what defensive play is picked or in the patterns they run. You cut out lots of space this way. and remove a bunch on not needed extra formations.

Defense is a different monster. I see lots of these mods having presnap movement and such and that is issue and here is why.  The problem with having motion and different formations based on what you pick is that it gives away not only whether you picked the play it also helps to know which each person is doing every play. If you have them all look the same then there is no keying pre snap. I broke it down like this. each up and down slot when picked on defense. sends the normal three blitzers for the 3/4 but it also sends the either the top two linebackers or bottom two depending on up or down or the only the top LB and middle bottom LB or bottom LB and middle top LB. If you pick the play the blitzers all get a boost and the cover guys all get a boost but the play stays the same. The left and right buttons send inside guys. the same for 4/3 so that every play sends a different bltiz and cover package but with varying degrees of success on the percentages based on the the play you pick and the other play picked. But if you are a 4/3 team you are always a 4/3 team and same for 3/4.

I also thought about just making the run plays up down be 3/4 and left right being 4/3. and for the passing the up down being 3-3-5 and the left right being 4-1-6. But I would only do that if I can figure out how to make the defense be like the defense in depth chart from TSBIII. Has anyone figured this out.

I am very willing to work on any project yall want to undertake in a complete rebuild. Let me know what you think of my build so far. Especially the offensive plays. I still haven't tweaked the defenses too much. But I will once I understand more.

FOOTBALL.nes