Game Speed and Injury Reset

John Franklin

In the standard 28 team ROM, if you set the Control Mode to com vs. com, it takes about 15 minutes for a game to complete. Is there a way to speed the game play up so that a com vs com game could be completed in say a minute? I'm not talking about changing the length of the quarters, but basically altering the speed of play so it's like fast forwarding through a com vs com game to shorten the length of time for a game.

Also in a com vs. com game, if a player returns from injury, the starting lineup automatically resets to the standard starting lineup. Is there a way to turn that off so the lineup doesn't automatically reset upon a player's return from injury? Or, at least be able to make lineup changes before the game starts.

In my FCE Ultra version, it's apparently under Misc. Configuration->Disable speed throttling used when sound is disabled. That did the trick. It zoomed through the game exactly like I was looking for, so thank you for that.

Any thoughts on the injury thing? A friend of mine and I do a lot of com vs com battles and the injury/roster reset stuff has killed us both on multiple occasions. i don't even mind editing the ROM itself if need be.

Thanks again for your help.