Yearly roms critique

OB99

I hate to be that guy, but there seems to be a divide between the new Roms released here and Goji's. The enhanced playbooks offered here are quite awesome but there is also a absolute raping of the original game going on. For one is the field goal defense, it's insane. I would like this thread to be about quality of life improvements that simply aren't.

For one, of all the hard work these roms have in them is not including the Sprite hack. Secondly, you've increased the difficulty to the determinant of the original, it's not even the same game anymore.

I understand that the extremely hard work you've put in for no reason other than your love of this game but it kinda of sucks for purists. I know, I know I'm claiming purists and complaining about Sprite flickering. But the field goal defense changes are abhorrent.

Let's discuss!

I haven't played @gojiphen malor's ROM yet - I love it - but,

So far ...

@SBlueman's is hardest - I love it.

then @Tecmonster's - love it.

then T-Borg/@Knobbe's - love it.

Edited by Bolt
removed a lost and/or fertile green jellybean/godzilla's bitch's egg

On 10/15/2021 at 10:30 PM, OB99 said:

I hate to be that guy, but there seems to be a divide between the new Roms released here and Goji's. The enhanced playbooks offered here are quite awesome but there is also a absolute raping of the original game going on. For one is the field goal defense, it's insane. I would like this thread to be about quality of life improvements that simply aren't.

For one, of all the hard work these roms have in them is not including the Sprite hack. Secondly, you've increased the difficulty to the determinant of the original, it's not even the same game anymore.

I understand that the extremely hard work you've put in for no reason other than your love of this game but it kinda of sucks for purists. I know, I know I'm claiming purists and complaining about Sprite flickering. But the field goal defense changes are abhorrent.

Let's discuss!

The TBorg release is purposely close to the original and there isn't any difficulty enhancement.  Not sure of what you're seeing there.

As far as the no sprite flickering is concerned, this is a logistical issue.  Unless you have an emulator that is configured for this, you'll have display issues.  Given that most people don't have this set up it makes a lot more sense for the handful of people who know this exists and desires this can just apply this fairly trivial hack.