Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball (SNES) World Series Home/Away Question

MvG Sports

'Afternoon All,

As mentioned previously, I'm attempting to play 756 World Series (Every team v. every team) on my 1996 hack of Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball (SNES).  I've played about 12 since 2014 thus I'm on a great pace (lol), but I'm back in the kick of playing these.

My first 8 World Series, I started as the HOME team, thus I thought I would always start the WS at HOME, just like for all exhibition games you are the HOME team.  In 2 of the last 4 World Series I've played, I've been the AWAY team twice in Game 1, so I'm a bit confused...is it just random?  Is my rom, garbage? (Every time I load it up on ZSNES it does say BAD ROM at the bottom).  I did try it on the original KGJR rom as well and got both HOME and AWAY WS starts.  I've combed the instruction booklet and it doesn't state anything about this, and I haven't been able to find any other documentation online.

Does anyone have experience playing World Series and if so, what happened?  I'm interested in your feedback.  Thanks much!

Trevor