Guide to creating TSB player portraits

I've learned a ton from this site and was able to go from never editing a ROM file to making an entire custom ROM with new players, teams, plays, and lots of new graphics, based entirely on info I learned here on this site and using a bunch of the Tecmo-specific tools that you guys have built over the years. One thing that worked really well was customizing graphics to display a portrait in the opening credit screens. Of course, you can make portraits of your friends and family, it's not just for TSB legends. 

As I told him, this post by bruddog really is key to understanding Tecmo graphics. With that knowledge I was able to build some cool stuff, and I've created the attached guide for anyone who wants to do the same. Also a sample ROM file you can inspect or customize. To be fair: there are quite a few steps, it isn't automated, it will certainly take a while the first time. Hope you find this to be useful... and please post any tips for making these images look even better!

TSBportraits.png.82538e0fb7856411697d99e68ccbad5d.png

TecmoPortraitsGuide.pdf Tecmo2021_randall.nes