Question about Right End Zone

Tombor

I have been using Carther's excellent end zone guide to experiment; and I figured out that the mid-field logo and the right end zone are controlled by palate 55, at least in Jstout and Denny's original WLAF rom, which I am using as a basis for mine. I changed "11 25 30" to "11 25 1A." The white background on the the USFL logo below swtiched to green:

usfl_84_kings_of_spring_beta_03_end_zone-0.png.e92ca6d421af55f396160618c83dcf75.pngusfl_84_kings_of_spring_beta_03-0.png.ff8c81bdfdebbc89cee979c06024d857.png

This, of course, did this to the end zone:

usfl_84_kings_of_spring_beta_03_end_zone-1.png.13816b9200b1ae5c2076d1240970707f.png

I have tried to manipulate it in TLP: I hoped to edit the "USFL" to look blue (as green is 01 in the tile layer pro palate, I assumed it would register within palate 55 as "blue"), but it isn't registering onscreen--it is still green. I thought this would be a shortcut, but I guess not. I have been debating just "blanking out" the endzones and making them a generic green. I was wondering also, I guess, how do these end zone tiles interact with the palatte? 

tlp.png

You could have the endzone share the palate with your kickoff bar/background which you could make modify to red.

That way your modified palate would be just be used for the USFL logo.

Here are the 4 background sprites being used. 

image.png

Anyone with a more clever idea please chime in.