'94 Hack Progress and some questions

Tombor

I am working right now on a hack of the 32-Team Rom for my ongoing series, and it has been tricky--thanks to SBlueman's documentation I have gotten far, but I didn't know if anyone could help or give further advice. I have attached a "beta" of the rom. 

This hack is built on SBlueman's 2019 TSB rom. 

What has been changed so far: 

Recreating old big helmet logos:

-Broncos (glitchy)--I have a weird "tab" under the Broncos logo, way off the helmet. I have looked at the code and still can't figure it out. 

tsb_95_grand_bargain_11_2-5.png.56dad2b2aa4e41f4c6136cdc8af4b9eb.png

-Bucs (glitchy)--the Buc's logo is sort of in there, but is all off by one spot; I am still trying to figure out. 

tsb_95_grand_bargain_11_2-3.png.1d361b3cfa992555725c1888aa7262f0.png

-Dolphins--restored the '90 TSB logo, though I wouldn't mind trying to go back further, to the 70s dolphins logo.
-Eagles--Kelly green restored
-Giants--Modded the Giants logo

tsb_95_grand_bargain_11_2-2.png.9e8a7a3f02422240c325e94c4fa187a1.png
-Jets--It is in there, with the dark green facemask
-Lions--smoothed out the current Lions logo, added a blue facemask
-Niners--Restored
-Oilers--In there but every tile seems "down by one" from placement; I have been modifying the code of the Titans logo but I haven't been great at it. 

tsb_95_grand_bargain_12_1-0.png.0c9402024fb500de7366697c97884d88.png

-Skins--Combined the 1970 logo with the color scheme to make "Red Tails." I kind of remember the name change stuff really amping up in the mid-90s. I thought I'd experiment. 

tsb_95_grand_bargain_12_redtails1-0.png.878eb5efad183e887637ed32c9cfcb6b.png
-Seahawks--Seattle's old helmet has been restored, but I am still have difficulty finding the Seahawks helmet in the code. I am still having difficulty finding the big helmet data to change the color of NFC West teams.

tsb_95_grand_bargain_11_2-0.png.07e7a7b48c5537477168ddd9e1c137c3.png
-Vikings--edited the logo and facemask to go back to '90. 

USFL Big Helmet:

For this hack, I thought I'd add the four USFL teams I thought had the coolest look and, really, four teams that I thought, down the line and with the right ownership, probably would've made it. 
-Showboats

-Stallions
-Slingers
-Bulls (had to mod the logo slightly to fit how the code arranges the tiles). 

I've "restored" the old NFL Shield as well, though the shield on the menu screen is still a little messed up. It looks like there are some tile differences from the current logo to the old. 

Issues:

Small helmets. 

Small helmets might be out of my ability--the strange thing has been the Showboats; in the standings, it looks loser than on the menu screen. I have dug through the hacking discussions, but I still haven't figured out how to rectify this. I know it isn't so much editing colors as it has been figuring out palettes. I have used the USFL-WLAF hack as a base, and it worked great with big helmets and getting small helmet logos in, but it seems more than just a cut and paste of code. Even attaching just the Jets palette to the Gunslingers, for instance, doesn't alter the colors. I have also had difficulty with the Rams logo, both as a small and big helmet. When playing around with facemask colors, I've seem to given the Bills a red facemask. 

tsb_95_grand_bargain_13-4.png.b1bc7a65cd6709fe20ce921419b798df.png

tsb_95_grand_bargain_13-3.png.70fe9d118e606dcecde68356b70fa54a.png

Big Helmets

I have yet to take a stab at the Pats, partly because the code to layout the tiles is really complicated, and the tiles themselves are not arranged in the same order as in the original TSB; this is the same for the Falcons, which takes fewer tiles. I have modded the helmet/colors of the Pats logo giving it this look:

tsb_95_grand_bargain_12-1.png.7ab7a3d563d6c4f83a1b3274402e2fa6.png

I prefer Pat the Patriot though. 

If anybody has any further advice, or want to take a crack at it, feel free! I am kind of finishing up '93, and have started to assemble possible '94 rosters for the USFL clubs. I will keep plugging away on the graphics; I post this info to show progress, but also to gain some insight and expertise. I am new to all this, still, and I feel like I got a lot to learn. 

Thanks. 

tsb_94_beta.nes