2020 Helmet Changes

Knobbe

A couple more items that are off:

1. Falcons mini-helmets have black facemasks, should be grey

2. Titans are missing the top part of their facemask

3. Cardinals logo is missing the beak.

657362228_T-Borg20XXBaseROM-2020Edit-0.png.5823cba7feb5a219b05617ca9df06e21.png

I can remember there being an issue with either the Falcons or Bucs only being able to have either black or grey for some reason and how the Cardinals logo could be fixed but unfortunately those notes were in chats that I didn't save. Anyone have any ideas on solutions?

1 hour ago, COA Elway said:

Page 2 of the large helmet docs.

1 hour ago, Knobbe said:

I snuck that one in while no one was looking

Thanks @COA Elway & @Knobbe, I saw these after my last reply. The locations did the trick for the Rams helmet issue!

2131648622_T-Borg20XXBaseROM-2020Edit-1.png.5b9d8937cc1f59f69cdc984be3f9443f.png

BTW, I found my notes and was able to fix the Cardinals logo and the Falcons facemask. The only issues left are the Buccaneers facemask being gray (somehow this is tied to the Cardinals logo at x023c42) and the top of the facemask missing from the Falcons and Titans helmets:

T-Borg 20XX Base ROM 2020 Edit-0.png

This is pretty much as far as I could get with the rom I released and it's the closest I can get with the info I have. If anyone else has any ideas on how to get the Buccaneers mini-helmet's facemask to black and add the top of the facemasks to the Falcons and Titans, let us know! 

T-Borg 20XX Base ROM 2020 Edit.nes

Edited by SBlueman

2 hours ago, Knobbe said:

That did not occur to me as an option. Nicely done.

Thank you!

I learned a lot over the last month when I was on my vacation. When the helmets are solid backgrounds makes it even easier, which those all are. I might go back and attempt the minis on my little project, now that I see the big picture.

I haven't had a chance to really look over this too much but one problem is that if you use too many sprites then the ones over the limit won't show up.  One way I got around this was eliminating the dark blue line for the Chargers and making it all powder blue

• 1 month later...

I hit up @SBlueman on Twitter and he directed me here. I've been out of the game for a long time. Just checking back in and downloaded Goji's ROM as it seem to be the most updated. I redid the Jags mini helmet back when they had that dumb half gold/half black helmet. Now that they went back to the all black I wanted to take a shot at updating the mini helmet. What does everyone think? I posted here hoping that if people felt it was an upgrade they can add it to the base rom or use it when they create their own updated roms. I posted comparison pictures.  @gojiphen malor I switched the Jags tiles and reuploaded your rom here. I changed the file name to make it clear what it is but kept your name in there to give you credit for using your rom (amazing job by the way) 

New Jags Mini.png

Old Jags Mini.png

UPDATED JAGS MINI HELMET (Goji's Rom).nes

• 1 month later...