2020 Helmet Changes

Knobbe

Here's my mocks.

I know Washington is going to have numbers on the helmets, but I wanted to edit in the new W logo instead of the numbers because I feel the new W is actually pretty cool, otherwise I'm not sure it will get to be shown in this game.

ramsmock.png

washmock.png

Edited by theskawks

On 7/23/2020 at 2:13 PM, SBlueman said:

I like the idea of the numbers on the helmets like Alabama but "Washington Football Team"? Really? That placeholder better have a short shelf life, it's lame.

They had all the opportunity in the world to be the Washington Pigskins and chose Football Team.

2 hours ago, theskawks said:

ya photoshop but if i can ever get that helmet editor to stop crashing i'd like to edit them in. or if anyone wants to help me i can put them in tiles for the game

I think the editor might not work well with 32 team rom or some roms that are edited.

If you have a chance post the layout.  When I am able I'll get the helmet laid out here

24 minutes ago, Knobbe said:

I think the editor might not work well with 32 team rom or some roms that are edited.

If you have a chance post the layout.  When I am able I'll get the helmet laid out here

So I've edited SBlueman's most latest roster and actually done the Washington Helmets and the Mini Rams helmet. I forgot that the Rams helmet was one of the ones (like the bengals) where it was a little different and I'm having trouble finding the locations of those tiles. If anyone can help with me in that aspect, I can almost definitely re draw the tiles and re use the same palette.

I'll share the ROM with the forum in a little bit... but first I want to try to replace Redskins with Football Team in the game.

ingame1.png

ingame2.png

Edited by theskawks

So the changes to make in the base 32-team rom are:

Rams new logo - mini helmet and large helmet

Redskins new logo - mini helmet and large helmet

Falcons facemask - mini helmet and large helmet

Buccaneers facemask - mini helmet and large helmet

I think the Browns mini-helmet facemask and Chargers mini-helmet and large helmet facemask is different in my 32-team rom and the base 32-team rom. Did I miss anything?

I'm updating your (SBlueman) roster with new Redskins and Rams helmets. I should be posting it later today. I'll look at the facemask colors as well. I've also changed "Redskins" text in the game to "Football"... but someone with greater knowledge is going to have to change it to "Football Team" because I have no idea how you would add data in that regard.

Ok so I I had figured out the Rams helmets locations finally... and then I noticed they are different in the 32 team hack. haha I guess maybe they've been changed to use a different helmet type? Either way it looks like the tiles are in an even different location now. Now I got to try to find them (again).

Alright on SBlueman's rosters I've finished LA Rams and Washington's mini and large helmets, and changed Redskins to Football. I've changed nothing else. The only thing left to do is change the facemask colors on ATL and TB.

The Rams logo is the best I could do considering I personally can't move the tiles around. I think it looks ok. Someone can probably do better and maybe add in the whole "Football Team" name for WAS but hopefully this will hold some over (like me) for the time being.

TSB 2020-HARDTYPEnewhelm.nes TSB 2020-VANILLAnewhelm.nes

Nice work @theskawks! One thing I did see though was that it looks like the Redskins are getting rid of the stripes on the helmet too:

Washington_football_team_unif.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Football_Team#Redskins_name_and_logo_controversy

For the uniforms, the team kept the burgundy and gold colors and replaced the helmet logo and striping with a jersey number in gold.[117]

• 6 months later...

I have been working on updating the helmets on the 32-team rom and have two things left to do:

Change the Rams large helmet colors from this:

1918253388_T-Borg20XXBaseROM-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-0.png.b569e405a0296bbdd15845be6ef5bc54.png

To this: 

748808703_TSB-2020-v3.0-VANILLA-Copy-Copy-0.png.23105ad14d85d270ea2321580bc6f152.png

Unfortunately I can't my notes for this edit. Anyone have an idea what locations need to be edited to change the two blue colors in the helmet and remove the lighter yellow from the logo?

On 9/11/2020 at 2:55 PM, Knobbe said:

the large helmet pointers for nfc west teams are at  

0x2FEDD

.hex A0A7   ; 49ERS x2FEDD
.hex 84A7   ; RAMS 2FEDF
.hex 88A6   ; SEAHAWKS 2FEE1
.hex 14A7   ; CARDINALS 2FEE3

NFC West Team large helmet Color starting points for the 32 team logo pointers

49ers- x23FF0

Rams- x23FF8

Seahawks- x24000

Cardinals- x24008