Wildest plays, glitches, and more CAPTURED!

Let's get a thread going of some of the absolute wildest plays, clips, glitches, heck even games (wouldn't hurt to cut them up to just their juicy bits.

I'll start with this one. This occurred in Sir Ted's dungeon the night before Pac Rim 2 up in Seattle. It's me and my homey Jay, and you can hear Sir Ted, and see The Professor pointing at the screen at the beginning.

2 hours ago, sony12 said:

I see your examples are mainly from the various Roms. Are Roms more prone to glitches than the regularly released games? 

It would seem so but I'm not really sure.  There is a LOT more footage captured of online glitches with more online games being played/captured than live on console.

I think its mostly just many more games being captures/recorded. I would think its actually more likely for weird stuff to happen on consoles with old memory/roms where a rom(kind of unlikely) or RAM(much more likely) might occasionally get corrupted with a garbage value. 

But the crazy hike in the endzone glitch has been seen live multiple times.  

The first one is a given as original console, though I've never seen it before. That fake incomplete pass followed by an insta-tackle in the next two looks like trouble with a hack, I've never heard of that happening on the original rom before. The safety off a pick is also a common occurrence on the original rom on console. I wanted to stop and write that much, I'll look at the rest of the videos later.

Oh, there's not much else. Regular long Tecmo FG, and that last one is new to me, also. I've never seen anything like that and can't really hazard a guess as to the cause, since it looks like the original rom. 

Edited by BO FB Offtackle Left

2 hours ago, bruddog said:

I think its mostly just many more games being captures/recorded. I would think its actually more likely for weird stuff to happen on consoles with old memory/roms where a rom(kind of unlikely) or RAM(much more likely) might occasionally get corrupted with a garbage value. 

But the crazy hike in the endzone glitch has been seen live multiple times.  

I didn't know this. I've only ever seen it this one time. The glitchy over throw JJ whiff, INT then dead play and offense keeps the ball only for a "nano blitz" on the next play is something I've seen enough in online play.

That dude was up 21-14, on defense, got an INT, but a jumping INT that carried him into the endzone for a safety, kicks the ball off up 21-16, then loses on a 100 yard hail mary with no time remaining? LOL 

Now that's a bad Tecmo beat 

On 6/20/2020 at 5:41 PM, ULTMMA said:

That dude was up 21-14, on defense, got an INT, but a jumping INT that carried him into the endzone for a safety, kicks the ball off up 21-16, then loses on a 100 yard hail mary with no time remaining? LOL 

Now that's a bad Tecmo beat 

Yes sir it was rough

• 1 year later...
11 hours ago, HermanFontenot said:

I was playing my brother the other day, G.B. v. CHI, and I swear somehow Tomczak's throw was tipped by Morris and was then intercepted by myself, P1, as Tim Harris. Have never seen it in my life and was actually under the impression that tipped balls can't end up as INTs in the game. 

This was probably the cutscene bug where it shows the cutscene as a tip but its actually a whiff because the ball never changes direction. It's definitely impossible to INT a tipped pass. 

On 2/25/2022 at 1:41 AM, bruddog said:

This was probably the cutscene bug where it shows the cutscene as a tip but its actually a whiff because the ball never changes direction. It's definitely impossible to INT a tipped pass. 

Is it possible for the game to mistakenly do the cutscene, show a tipped ball, but treat it as a whiff and interception? While a player happens to be in the right place at the right time, therefore looking like a tipped INT?