KGJ 1990 Season ROM, Realistic Ratings

Ian Jones

Here is my 1990 season roster edit for Ken Griffey Jr Presents MLB for SNES. The roster is built to produce more realistic statistics for full season play, so the batter ratings are very dumbed down. All testing was done in manager mode, and if you play in that fashion and would like slightly more accurate pitcher/batter gameplay, then I personally use the game genie codes for 1 ball = walk and 2 strikes = strikeout. Note that with the latter, batters can foul out, as the game doesn't take into account how the batter got the second strike, but these codes give a pitcher, on average 1-5 Ks per game and a few walks per 9 innings. However, not a very good setup if you're playing in control of the batter, because you can just not swing with anyone to win games.

Things that haven't been done: The roster was edited using the KGB editor and so I could not change anything about how the pitchers look on the mound, except for their skin color. Was also unable to remove the Rockies or the Marlins from the schedule so they are just generically rated. Would like to include errors in man vs cpu games. All of this would need to be done in hex, and there are no hex addresses for anything that I can find.

If you play the ROM, please let me know how it turned out for you, and whether you liked it or hated it. Thanks!

1990(fin) Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball (U).7z