(NES) Tecmo Super Bowl 2020 - SBlueman Edition

SBlueman

Tecmo Super Bowl 2020 - SBlueman Edition

SQa1jpm.png

Team rosters accurate as of 7/25/20!

The classic NES sports title, updated for the upcoming 2020 NFL season! Enjoy this version with the following features:

• Players Rated Using Tecmo Super Bowl's Original Player Rankings
  • Playbooks Edited - Plays Moved To Different Slots, Edited Running Plays, Removed 'bad' plays
  • 44 Hacks Added To Hardtype Versions (26 hacks in Vanilla version)
  • Teams Line Up In Either 3-4, 4-3 Or Nickel Defenses
  • Team Uniforms Edited So Home Team Plays In Primary Uniform (NFC West Glitch And Divisional Matchups Limits This Feature)

This is a post-draft edition. Most of the team rosters are accurate with the exception being uniform numbers on the Jets and Patriots. For now free agents are wearing their former numbers and rookies are using their rookie numbers. Keep an eye out for updates and I'd love to get member feedback so let me know what you think!

Three Versions Available:
#1 - Vanilla - Hacks Included:

#2 - Hardtype - Hacks Included (also includes all the Vanilla version hacks):

#3 - Hardtype + P2 As Road Team 

Details:

Base Rom: Updated 32-team ROM

Editors Used: TSBTool 1.2.0.1, TSB Playbook Editor Beta03, Lunar IPSTranslhextion, TSB Play Editor, yy-chr, Tecmo Endzone Editor

Notes:

You will find the .ips patches used in this edit along with the set commands used in attached files. You can edit the Vanilla version with TSB Tool. If you want to edit the Hardtype version you are ok to do so with TSB Tool with the exception of the NFC West teams. Editing the NFC West teams will require you to download and edit the Vanilla version, then re-apply the .ips patches and hardtype set commands. Editing the NFC West teams can cause the game not to run correctly. Make sure to backup your files before making any changes!

i know this is a basic question, and i've searched thru the SET commands list for this, but how do i use the Create SET patch tool?

do i load the vanilla rom in 'Base' and the hardtype in 'Modified'? paste your SET commands into the bottom field and click 'go'?

i've yet to venture into SET commands, so apologies in advance.

Im having a lot of fun with this!

playing COM vs COM here through the season.

through week 2, theres a mix of strong favorites and some surprises, which is perfect!

AE:

Buff 2-0

ne 1-1

nyj 0-2

mia 0-2

AN:

balt 2-0

pitt 1-1

cleve 1-1

cin 0-2

AS

Ten 2-0

Hou 1-1

Ind 1-1

Jax 0-2

AW

LV 1-1

KC 1-1

Lac 1-1

den 1-1

NE

Philly 2-0

dallas 1-1

wash 0-2

nyg 0-2

NN

Chi 2-0

GB 2-0

Min 1-1

Det 0-2

NS

TB 2-0

Atl 2-0

NO 1-1

Car 0-2

NW:

SF 2-0

ariz 1-1

Sea 1-1

Lar 0-2

2 hours ago, gray wilcox said:

i know this is a basic question, and i've searched thru the SET commands list for this, but how do i use the Create SET patch tool?

do i load the vanilla rom in 'Base' and the hardtype in 'Modified'? paste your SET commands into the bottom field and click 'go'?

i've yet to venture into SET commands, so apologies in advance.

Set commands are lines of code that you can insert into the game with a specific program to alter the rom of the game. The program used is TSBTool. Here's a quick tutorial on how easy it is to add these:

47 minutes ago, buffalo_tox said:

Im having a lot of fun with this!

playing COM vs COM here through the season.

through week 2, theres a mix of strong favorites and some surprises, which is perfect!

AE:

Buff 2-0

ne 1-1

nyj 0-2

mia 0-2

AN:

balt 2-0

pitt 1-1

cleve 1-1

cin 0-2

AS

Ten 2-0

Hou 1-1

Ind 1-1

Jax 0-2

AW

LV 1-1

KC 1-1

Lac 1-1

den 1-1

NE

Philly 2-0

dallas 1-1

wash 0-2

nyg 0-2

NN

Chi 2-0

GB 2-0

Min 1-1

Det 0-2

NS

TB 2-0

Atl 2-0

NO 1-1

Car 0-2

NW:

SF 2-0

ariz 1-1

Sea 1-1

Lar 0-2

Glad to see you are getting a kick out of the game, keep the feedback coming!

@gray wilcox, here's a link to check out too:

Just remember to backup your files before editing and have fun experimenting with these set commands. Just keep in mind that not all play nice with each other since they overwrite some of the same space in the code sometimes. My vanilla version even has some set commands applied to it that I consider essential. Check out the text files that I uploaded along with the game files as well. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Bolt said:

Good stuff, McGuff:  2-1-1, so far, in my young Jets season <>

Quality work, DEMman

Like the way kick-return protections look very realistic, bytheway

Hope you like that Darnold to Perriman connection!

Btw, when are the Jets going to announce jersey numbers for their new free agents and rookies? Are they going to start pulling a Patriots and make us wait until preseason? 

15 hours ago, SBlueman said:

Btw, when are the Jets going to announce jersey numbers for their new free agents and rookies?

Honest to Christmas, I know not.  But as soon as I do find out I will let you know !

Your ROM - other than Crowder - gives me MEGA-cause for concern about NYJ's WRs;

but we shall see, what the season brings -

Take that as a challenge, NYJ wide-outs, to STEP UP !!!

• 2 weeks later...

i don't know about the fairness of this ROM

With my NYJets down 0-20 to Miami

(round 2 - we obliterated 'em two wks earlier,

before the bye-wk - they've come back for blood),

Best Count Dracula Hotel Transylvania in 2020, The Comprehensive ...

do you think that sounds fair?...

Ok, so we trailed 4pts with our D on the field as time expired:  Bless Austin with a 53-yd, tackle-cornin walk-off INT (to complete our 21-pt 4th qtr comeback)?

Oui, oui

3-pt win over mar-a-lago.  Ok - this ROM is fair

Cartoon Count Dracula Clothing - Apparel, Shoes & More | Zazzle UK

Question, @SBlueman, noticed the "YEAR=N" line in the code. i did not change that, but i get an error when adjusting rosters and then applying to the rom. (you had James Connor as RB2 on the Steelers and Derek Watt as RB1. i swapped those to and applied to my rom and got that error).

the rom seems to still work fine now, but just curious if i need to leave "YEAR=N" as is or if it's changeable?

and another question: you mentioned that some SET commands might not work correctly with other SET commands. i've added 3 to your rom and thus far i know 2 of them work fine, but the 3rd one (change conditions after every play) doesn't seem to be working. question: is there a way for me to drill down and determine whether or not this SET command is conflicting with others? (i've used the menu function "check SET command setting values in same location" and it comes back clear. (the SET command in question: 

2 hours ago, graylikethecolor said:

Question, @SBlueman, noticed the "YEAR=N" line in the code. i did not change that, but i get an error when adjusting rosters and then applying to the rom. (you had James Connor as RB2 on the Steelers and Derek Watt as RB1. i swapped those to and applied to my rom and got that error).

the rom seems to still work fine now, but just curious if i need to leave "YEAR=N" as is or if it's changeable?

@graylikethecolor, the issue is the set commands used with the hardtype versions. To edit the via TSBTool, follow these notes from the first post:

Notes:

You will find the .ips patches used in this edit along with the set commands used in attached files. You can edit the Vanilla version with TSB Tool. If you want to edit the Hardtype version you are ok to do so with TSB Tool with the exception of the NFC West teams. Editing the NFC West teams will require you to download and edit the Vanilla version, then re-apply the .ips patches and hardtype set commands. Editing the NFC West teams can cause the game not to run correctly. Make sure to backup your files before making any changes!

As for how to edit the year, you'd have to edit the year with a hex editor. Note however that this will then cause an error with the text on the title page. It will overwrite part of the "SBlueman Edition" text on the title screen.

2 hours ago, graylikethecolor said:

and another question: you mentioned that some SET commands might not work correctly with other SET commands. i've added 3 to your rom and thus far i know 2 of them work fine, but the 3rd one (change conditions after every play) doesn't seem to be working. question: is there a way for me to drill down and determine whether or not this SET command is conflicting with others? (i've used the menu function "check SET command setting values in same location" and it comes back clear. (the SET command in question: 

There is a feature on TSB Tool that lets you check to see if any set commands conflict before applying them. Go to 'Hacks" and them check Set Commands to see if there is an issue after pasting the set commands to TSB Tool but before applying them to the rom. 

Edited by SBlueman

follow up:

getting these warnings when checking for conflicts via TSBtool:

WARNING!
 'SET' Commands modify same locations 'SET(0x1DA20,0xA000984868A8C4DC9008F006A53B25DCA860C8B13E29F04A85DDD0034CE99AB13E29F04A4A4A4A85DE0A0A1865DE85DEB13E290F0AAA9848A008B1AE300DBDEBDE8540BDECDE85414C659ABD01DF8540BD02DF8541A214A008B1AE300DBD01DF8542BD02DF85434C849ABDEBDE8542BDECDE8543A015B140D142901CD00788B140D1429013A014B14038F1428544C8B140F14285454CB89AA014B14238F1408544C8B142F1408545A545D021A544C5DDB01BA017B140D142900AB14038F142C5DE4CDB9AB14238F140C5DE9007CACA30064C679A4C149A68A860)' and 'SET(0x1DA2C, 0xA08060EAEAEA)'
WARNING!
 'SET' Commands modify same locations 'SET(0x288BE,0xA010A29AA90E2054C4EAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEA)' and 'SET(0x288C7, 0xC080D005A9034CCB884CC788)'

i edited the roster.

I made the iPS patches first, 

I used your Hardtype SET commands with these three on the end:

#condition changes every play:

SET(0x3200d, 0x4cca9f)

SET(0x31fda, 0xa9078d0080a9118d01802095a3a9078d0080a52f8d0180a9068d0080a52e8d0180)

#play season in preseason:

SET(0x21288, 0x4C9492)
SET(0x212C6, 0xEAEAEA)

#injuries in all mode (except Pro Bowl)

SET (0x25EA1, 0xA52D2901C901F01E)

BIGDTECMO_4_071120_mk3.nes

Edited by graylikethecolor