Would it be possilbe for you computer guys?

You guys that are the computer hackers out there, those completely re-making the rosters, playbooks, etc. etc.

Could you someone edit/create Tecmo and make it so you could play 2 on 2. I'm thinking if you had that nes thing where you could play 4 players on the old volleyball agmes and such. Could you someone go into Tecmo and re-program it so you could play 2 on 2????

probably wishful thinking but that would be sweet as hell

It's not possible to play four player on the NES version without completely rewriting the game and that isn't something anyone can do at the moment.

What people are talking about is the original arcade game as it was 4 players, 2 on 2. http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?let ... e_id=10043

I'm not following you guys.....on a regular NES system would it be possible somehow to play 2 on 2 if you had the NES fourscore?

Rod:

You say no one can rewrite the game at the moment. So your saying it is only a matetr of time until one of you guys does or figures out how? I can't even begin to explain how cool that would be if you could. As for the arcade game that should not even be allowed for comparison to Tecmo.

in tecmo's defense, tecmobunny, comparing a game to a company is quite difficult. i assume you were referring to tecmo super bowl for NES and not the company. in that case, the arcade version did come out four years before tecmo super bowl was released.

as for reverse engineering the game, it'll be a long time before that ever happens.

I'm way behind you guys when it comes to the computer lingo.

Source code?

1--Is this more or less the skeleton of the game?

2--Virtually impossible to find or figure out w/out inside knowledge?

3--IF you all some how got it you could pretty much have your way w/ the game? One of those damn japanese dudes will give it up! Yeah I wish anyways.

Programs are typically written in some 'programming language'. The Source Code for a program goes through a compiler to get turned into a set of instructions that can be run on a computer.

Simple C program's source code:

#include stdio.h

int main()
{
printf("Hello World!");
}

If the source code (and the proper compiler) were available, it would be pretty easy to modify the program.

DAMMMMMMIT! ok so all we need to do is find where this old shit is stored. if it is anywhere. then, if someone could put together a detailed assignment plan for the "job" i can put together a crew to infiltrate the NES warehouse. I will supply the ammo and gettaway.

no but really, if you knew where the shit was i would get it....

Realistically right now this would mean not modifying the program, but completely rewriting it from scratch. So, all we need is someone capable and willing to write a NES game.

The answer is that unless something changes this will not happen.

Rod:

You say no one can rewrite the game at the moment. So your saying it is only a matetr of time until one of you guys does or figures out how? I can't even begin to explain how cool that would be if you could. As for the arcade game that should not even be allowed for comparison to Tecmo.

Thie would be maybe just a little easier than doing it in NES given you don't have to mess with the NES programming language but it would still require doing it from scratch. I think we're getting closer and closer to be able to explain how the game works and how the players react in situations.

I'm curious as to why someone hasn't created a TSB flash game yet. Obviously it wouldn't be the same as the original, but it could be serviceable and incredibly fun. Afterall, there are a few great Super Mario knockoffs, so why not a TSB knockoff?