TSB III has a weird way of simulating games

skeelo58

Decided to fire up the game on my emulator last night, and create a perfect team.  Using cheats, I was able to field an entire team with players that are rated 100 in all categories.

If I watch the game, or be the coach, this team destroys all opponents by 100+ points.  However, if I put the simulator on SKIP, it's like the game doesn't know how to simulate this team properly.

Some weeks the team will win 56-20, other weeks they will lose 10-9. 

Perhaps the strangest thing is that my QB will NEVER pass to his WR's or TE's, but only to the RB's.  As a result, the 2 RB's I've created each average around 10 catches a game, to go along with 150-200 receiving yards.  At the same time, the game doesn't like to rush these RB's either, as they are only getting 5-6 carries a week, and only averaging 4-5 YPC. 

Likewise on defense, if I watch/coach the game, this team won't even allow a first down, and they will finish the game with 20+ sacks, and 3-4 INT's.  But if I put it on SKIP, the game has no idea wtf to do with them, so none of these 100 stat level guys are even getting any real sack or INT totals. 

Just now, SBlueman said:

@skeelo58, TSB3 uses a separate set of code for games in SKP mode just like the other versions. Check this out for more info:

OK, that kinda makes sense.  

But still doesn't really explain why the game will only pass to the RB's during these SKIP games.  

I can understand the teams being run heavy or pass heavy, but any idea why they'd only pass to the RB's and not to WR's/TE's?

• 2 years later...
On 5/10/2020 at 1:52 PM, skeelo58 said:

OK, that kinda makes sense.  

But still doesn't really explain why the game will only pass to the RB's during these SKIP games.  

I can understand the teams being run heavy or pass heavy, but any idea why they'd only pass to the RB's and not to WR's/TE's?

for some weird reason the rb are simmed to get lots of receptions even if u dont maxed the runningback stats on the snes version. if maxed at the start of creating a player the simming will feed the top position players with the most stats it can hold. same with defense,kicking. i just say skip creating a running back as even making an average rb they will still likely get over 50 catches simming even if u just kept their receptions a 19 or so. but the more the stats are built up when u first create them the more their sim data will gain. this doesnt happen on the genesis version and that version also increases the sim data on your players as they continue to increase. snes version if you created a weak-average stated player even if they continue to gain ability pts they will still have subpar stats as when they were first created by the average or less.

Edited by kefkaroth