Sim rush, Sim pass, Sim pocket?

Trying to tweak these stats to make my different season ROMs as close to playing style as possible, and keep running into difficulty. 

How are these ratings formulated and are they capped? Do the three ratings have to add up to 15?

For example: in trying to figure this out, I created a "Super QB" with 15 sim rush, 15 sim pass, and 15 sim pocket. Despite being on a strong team with a decent defense, his passing numbers were only slightly above average, and his rushing avg was only 6 yards per carry.  

This led me to suspect that, if his ratings exceed 15 total, it resets to 0 or something. Still messing around with this though, but (like most of my questions) I wondered if this was something settled long ago. 

What does Sim Pocket actually do, statistically? What is the correlation between Sim Rush and Sim Pass, or is there any?

On 2/23/2007 at 3:35 PM, Epa1patine said:

So the sim pocket value does effect how often the QB will run.

Just not very much

With a QB running play and 0 Pocket setting a QB will average about 8 more runs a season compaired to a 3 Pocket setting.

With No QB running play and 0 Pocket setting a QB will average about 3 runs a season compaired to a 3 Pocket Setting

Granted I guess it could be more on all accounts considering on Pass plays its will only count as an attempt when the QB crosses the line of scrimmage for a positive gain anything behind the line being a sack and not counted as a rushing attempt.

So in the end you can say that a 0 Pocket Sim setting will result in the qb running more with qb run play or not.

Here's two older discussions I've been reading from, but still haven't found the exact answer. 

On 2/21/2007 at 3:41 PM, BO FB Offtackle Left said:

Oh, the amount of time the QB stays in the pocket before scrambling. The valid amounts are 0-3. The higher the number, the more time the QB stays in the pocket. A value of 2 does a good job of representing most QBs today. Someone like Vick might get a 0 or 1, because he has no pocket presence.

So, if I'm reading this correct, there's no reason to create a pocket number higher than 3? And a lower number would result in more rush attempts and, thus, a lower rushing average?

On 2/22/2007 at 9:03 PM, buck said:

if you open up TSB in BAD_AL's 'TSB TOOL', you'll see that each QB has:

[sim Running, Sim Passing, Sim Pocket]

Testaverde ,[5, 4, 0 ]

QB eagles,[11, 9, 0 ]

Peete,[6, 3, 2 ]

Elway,[5, 7, 1 ]

QB Bills,[3, 12, 3 ]

Marino,[1, 10, 3 ]

This seems to indicate that Sim Rush can go as high as 11 (or higher?) since Cunningham has that amount, while Sim Pocket probably does peak at 3 (since that's what Marino/Kelly have). 

That is correct, sim pocket goes from 0-3. You will find there are some plays QBs scramble more on so adjusting playbooks will affect this as well. Also, you will find the results will be very different when its COM vs SKP. The only real way to have substantial rushing stats by the QB in SKP mode would be to have a running play for the QB in the playbook. 

12 minutes ago, SBlueman said:

That is correct, sim pocket goes from 0-3. You will find there are some plays QBs scramble more on so adjusting playbooks will affect this as well. Also, you will find the results will be very different when its COM vs SKP. The only real way to have substantial rushing stats by the QB in SKP mode would be to have a running play for the QB in the playbook. 

Got it, appreciate ya!

While I've got your attention: have you guys ever figured out a SET command that prevents regular season games from ending in a tie (when SKPing through season)? 

I've found a bunch of conversations about overtime, but nothing that forces regular season OT games to finish with a winner, like postseason OT games do. 

Edited by QB or not QB

I just finished a season of my 2002 rom. I gave Vick 8 in Run, 9 in Pass, 0 in Pocket, and the R and S QBSneak running play. He finished with 49 runs for 450 yards (9.1 avg) and 9 TDs, and 3056 pass yards. 

Daunte Culpepper had 6 Run, 6 Pass, 0 Pocket, and the QBSneak. He finished with 65 runs for 529 yards (8.1 avg) and 9 TDs, and 3173 pass yards.

Donovan McNabb had 5 Run, 9 Pass, 1 Pocket, and the QBSneak. He finished with 45 runs for 273 yards (6.0 avg) and 11 TDs, and 4024 pass yards.

Steve McNair had 5 Run, 12 Pass, 1 Pocket, and the QBSneak. He finished with 56 runs for 423 yards (7.5 avg) and 4 TDs, and 3496 pass yards.

The sim numbers of the other offensive players and the team sim ratings also affect these numbers, as well as Tecmo randomness. There's only so much you can tweak before you realize it's probably as accurate as it's going to get.