Anyone Care to Share hex info for Ken Griffey Presents?

Ian Jones

Is this the same thing as Ken Griffey JR baseball?

You'd have to go diving into the tecmo builders archive because I'm pretty sure we found the uniform info years ago.

Other wise go to some Rom hacking sites and read beginner documents

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/13/2020 at 8:14 PM, GRG said:

Is this the same thing as Ken Griffey JR baseball?

You'd have to go diving into the tecmo builders archive because I'm pretty sure we found the uniform info years ago.

Other wise go to some Rom hacking sites and read beginner documents

yeah I'm talking about the first Ken Griffey game for SNES. Not Winning Run. they just have long names and i was trying to differentiate without writing it all out. I'm not really savvy with deciphering hex myself, but I can do enough to plug in and twiddle with stuff that folks smarter than me have figured out

I just very recently started getting into doing hex editing. I really have no idea what I am doing, but managed to fool around and get team names and stuff. I guess trial and error and just experimenting is the best way to learn! One thing I would love to do is redo the logos in the game. I did a few, but am not sure how to even begin to see how I can attempt to get them into the game.

Here are some I did recently:

(I'll add more here as I get to more teams and logos)

Marlins KGJB logo.png

Rays KGJB logo.png

Devil Rays (1998-2000) logo.png

Ranger logo (1999-).png

Orioles (newer logo).png

Astros (1980s).png

Blue Jays (1990s).png

White Sox (1977-1990).png

Mets (2010s).png

Expos (1970s-1980s).png

Reds (1999-).png

Phillies (1970s-1980s).png

Athletics (1960s).png

Braves (1950s-1960s).png

Pirates (1970s-1980s).png

Devil Rays (2001-2007) logo.png

Royals (2010-).png

Mets (1998-2009).png

Phillies (2017-).png

Pilots.png

Pirates (2010s).png

Senators (Twins) (Exp 1960s).png

Tigers (2010s).png

Twins (2010-).png

Brewers (1970s-1980s).png

Colt 45s.png

Giants (2000-).png

Mariners (1982-1992).png

Nationals (2010s).png

Padres (1980s).png

Astros (1965-1975).png

Blue Jays (2000s).png

Braves (1960s-1980s).png

Brewers (2000s-2010s).png

Browns (1930s-1950s).png

Giants (1940s).png

Giants (1950-1970s).png

Nationals (2000s).png

Padres (1970s).png

Redds (1970s-1980s).png

Yankees (1950s-1960s).png

Astros (2000s).png

Senators (1950s).png

Rangers (1970s).png

Rangers (1986-1993).png

Senators (1930s-1940s).png

Rockies.png

Blue Jays (2003).png

Astros (2010s).png

Athletics (1980s).png

Cardinals (1998-).png

Marlins (2020s).png

Twins (1960s-mid 1980s).png

Padres (2000s).png

Rangers (1979-1985).png

Padres (2010s).png

Padres (2020s).png

Giants (1930s).png

Giants (1970s).png

Mariners (1970s).png

Tigers (1960s-1980s).png

Dodgers (1910s-1930s).png

Dodgers (1940s-1960s).png

Giants (1980s).png

Athletics (1960s).png

Reds (1960s).png

Reds (1910s).png

Reds (1920s-1930s).png

Reds (1940s).png

Reds (1950s).png

Twins (1960s).png

Athletics (1940s).png

Braves (1950s).png

Braves (1940s).png

Cardinals (1910s).png

Cubs (1910s-1930s).png

Cubs (1940s).png

Cubs (1950s).png

Cubs (1960s-1970s).png

Indians (1940s).png

Indians (2010s-).png

Padres (2010s).png

Pirates (2000s).png

White Sox (1940s).png

White Sox (1960s).png

White Sox (Mid - Late 1980s).png

Yankees (1910s-1940s).png

Cardinals (1930s-1940s).png

Cardinals (1950s-1960s).png

Cardinals (1920s).png

Cubs (1910s).png

White Sox (Late 1970s).png

White Sox (1930s).png

White Sox (1910s).png

White Sox (Early 1920s).png

White Sox (1850s).png

White Sox (Early 1970s).png

White Sox (Mid - Late 1920s).png

Tigers (1950s).png

Royals (2000s).png

Royals (1970s).png

Brewers (2020s).png

Angels (1970s).png

Angels (1980s).png

Blue Jays (2010s).png

Angels (1960s).png

Angels (2010s-2020s).png

Brewers (1970s).png

Athletics (1970s).png

DBacks (2010s-).png

Angels (2000s).png

Giants (1940s).png

Indians (1920s).png

DBacks (1990s-2000s).png

Edited by Darth Brett

@Ian Jones I got your message and the information you're asking about.  Right now my hex info is just notes jotted down on Notepad, clearly indecipherable by anybody.  When I go to update my old Griffey Legends ROM, I will put the info in a more user-friendly format (including how to increase POW and FLD to 10 and Homerun Derby contestants) I will either send it to you or post it here.

• 2 weeks later...

@Baron von Lector I think you can increase pow, fielding, control to 10 in the editor by increasing the preceding number by 1 and then typing in zero in the p,f or c column. So if you wanted 10 in every category it would be 11 0 11 0 or for pitchers 11 11 0. But I'd love to be able to change the pitcher's hair and facial features, reduce the amount of pitches the cpu swings at, increase the amount of steals the cpu attempts, and/or turn on fielding errors for man vs cpu games! If you wanna send me what you got, I'll see if i can make heads or tails of it, and if not, I'll just wait for you to make it more user friendly

Nice work on the graphics.  Its been almost 15 years since I messed with the game but I helped slim_jimmy7 with graphics in the past.  I have no notes any longer but I can tell you the logo graphics are compressed in the game.  Back then, I wrote a program that decompressed the logos and was able to learn many of the commands through a text output which allowed me to write the new logos by hand into the game with a hex editor.  You'd have to ask slim_jimmy7 but possibly he still has a copy of my decompressor (if the code is still with it than it shouldn't be to hard to figure out from that).

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Bringing thins thread back to life. So I have a question, hopefully it's an easy answer. I was curious to know what specific programs and emulators use to hex edit your ROMS? The reason I ask is because I have been doing some KGJ hacks in my spare time and would like to release them on here, but I still need to know how to edit the pitcher's appearance on the mound as well as getting pitcher ERA's that are above 5.11 into the game (for those unaware, the KGJB editor doesn't allow you to do ERAs above 5.11). I tried using snes9x's editor version, but am a little lost. Just need some help and figured I would ask on here. Wish there was an online guide with photos or a YT video for this specifically. 

Anyways, anyone want to help me out in terms of getting pitcher appearances and their ERAs above 5.11? lol Thanks! 

• 3 months later...
On 4/7/2021 at 6:14 PM, Darth Brett said:

Bringing thins thread back to life. So I have a question, hopefully it's an easy answer. I was curious to know what specific programs and emulators use to hex edit your ROMS? The reason I ask is because I have been doing some KGJ hacks in my spare time and would like to release them on here, but I still need to know how to edit the pitcher's appearance on the mound as well as getting pitcher ERA's that are above 5.11 into the game (for those unaware, the KGJB editor doesn't allow you to do ERAs above 5.11). I tried using snes9x's editor version, but am a little lost. Just need some help and figured I would ask on here. Wish there was an online guide with photos or a YT video for this specifically. 

Anyways, anyone want to help me out in terms of getting pitcher appearances and their ERAs above 5.11? lol Thanks! 

I may be of service! I have been using WINDHEX, but the Hex Editor in snes9x has really helped because you can make live edits! I found all of the information that you need to change appearance for pitchers, ERAs, and even the position of the batter's bat!

Here is information for what each part of the code edits: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hN8UYuadu3SImXri0MR9jLJY7lm84_Da/view?usp=sharing

and I created a HEX table to edit teams and players names: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-LOp1ktUJsu7hIo6Jhj-eD1Z1nCvkI_a/view?usp=sharing

I hope this helps!

On 7/12/2021 at 1:43 PM, Chad Smelcer said:

I may be of service! I have been using WINDHEX, but the Hex Editor in snes9x has really helped because you can make live edits! I found all of the information that you need to change appearance for pitchers, ERAs, and even the position of the batter's bat!

Here is information for what each part of the code edits: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hN8UYuadu3SImXri0MR9jLJY7lm84_Da/view?usp=sharing

and I created a HEX table to edit teams and players names: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-LOp1ktUJsu7hIo6Jhj-eD1Z1nCvkI_a/view?usp=sharing

I hope this helps!

First of all, thanks for taking the time to even respond! It is greatly appreciated. I didn't think I was ever going to get a response on here, as it seems like the forum is mostly dead for KGJB. So I have a question, and this is coming from a total beginner in terms of hex-editing, but where do you even start? I think my problem is I am not sure exactly where to start with something and how to get from point A to point B in order to make a change. 

For example, say I want to make Greg Maddux's (1st pitcher slot on the Braves) ERA a 6.66. How would I start to go about that using the tools you mentioned and lists you provided? I guess I just need a quick step-by-step run through for a simple change so I can at least grasp what I am doing and get the hang of this. Bear with me, as I know I am a total newb at this right now. But I really want to learn how to do this so I can share my ROMs with everybody on here. I have been wanting to release hacks for every season and really want to be able to figure out the pitcher bodies, ERAs and hitter bodies before finishing them and sharing them on here.

Again, thanks for responding and sharing the info and trying to help a very wet behind the ears beginner! I was excited to see someone responded on here!

My next hope is to get the team logos I have done for all the different eras of baseball into these hacks I am working on as well. But that's a whole other ballgame as they say and probably a huge undertaking. But at least I have the graphic files already to implement when I finally learn how that is done exactly. 

I started about a month ago, so this is pretty new for me, too.  First, are you able to find the players using a hex editor? 

I found him at line 001383EO. This is where loading the table helps. You should be able to see his name on the right side if the table is loaded. Offset 001383FC and the second byte(?) of 001393FD should give you your ERA.

Maddux has EC20, or 2.36. The fourth digit is zero because his ERA is sub 2.56. E is the equivalent of 14, thus 14x.16=2.24 and C is the equivalent of 12, thus 12x.01=.12. Add E(2.24) to C(.12) and you get 2.36. I am not sure the value of the 2 in EC20.

You can use the hex editor in Snes9x 1.51 to do live edits, which is a good way to learn the parts of the code. That is what I used to figure out things.

That means if you want Maddux to have 6.66, you would change EC20 to 9A02 (9x.16)+(10x.1)+(2x2.56).

Does that make any sense?

Screenshot (6).png

Thanks for the help. I'm trying to get acclimated still lol Sorry to bother you again, but let's keep using Maddux as our example. So would the code be 2021 if I wanted his ERA to be 2.88? That's what my ROM is showing it is in the Hex Editor. Just want to make sure I am doing it correctly. BTW, thanks for helping me out! 

If you don't mind, would you mind helping explain how to change their physical features using your table/spreadsheet you shared? Specifically for the batters in the lineup and also the pitchers' for when they bat/the team edit screen and also for pitchers for in-game and their appearance when going through a team's rotation.

22 hours ago, Darth Brett said:

Thanks for the help. I'm trying to get acclimated still lol Sorry to bother you again, but let's keep using Maddux as our example. So would the code be 2021 if I wanted his ERA to be 2.88? That's what my ROM is showing it is in the Hex Editor. Just want to make sure I am doing it correctly. BTW, thanks for helping me out! 

If you don't mind, would you mind helping explain how to change their physical features using your table/spreadsheet you shared? Specifically for the batters in the lineup and also the pitchers' for when they bat/the team edit screen and also for pitchers for in-game and their appearance when going through a team's rotation.

That looks right: 2x.16+0x.01(skip the second 2 because I do not know what it changes)+1x2.56=2.88

I am creating a spreadsheet that should help calculate the physical features. The cool thing about the KGB editor is the that the player editor numbers match with the Hex code, so Maddux's face is 04, his torso is 30, and his legs are 04.

His on-mound look is found starting on the second line, 000300. 0 is right handed, 0 is light skin, 0 is smooth face/short hair/no glasses, 3 is brown hair, 0 is regular pitch, 0 is regular size (not tall or fat).

I have finished a Google Sheet that will allow you to create the HEX code for a player. You would then use this to override the player you want to replace. You can get a copy of the sheet here: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15FDSIS_UnfY-19UWYY2B8x9al4Kh4N-HNW9uoFNJAe0/copy

I attached a screenshot, but if you choose an option for each drop-down arrow, the HEX info will automatically be created for you. I have tabs for batters, pitchers, and also all the information that I have about each option.

Let me know if that helps and if I can help in the future!

Screenshot (22).png

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/30/2021 at 1:07 PM, Knobbe said:

There is an old editor available in case you're not familiar.

https://tecmosuperbowl.org/jggames/kgb.html

Thanks! I have used it a lot, but it is very limited. You can only edit stats and part of the stance. I wanted something more in depth that included every aspect of batters and pitchers. 

• 5 months later...

In the next week or so, I'm going to be releasing Griffey '21 from Patreon-exclusive status on BaronGaming.weebly.com.  There's a lot in this thread that I didn't read it all, but concerns I dis notice that have been addressed:

ERAs above 5.11 are possible

Pitcher appearances on the mound have been adjusted. 

6 MLB players are featured in the HR Derby.

Did I miss anything?

• 9 months later...