Posted (edited)

The Jeff Query Quarantine Classic 

Live, one day, online tourney

Sat. March 21 - 7PM (Central) - no entry fee

No Condition Checker

Type !1d6 for dice roll in #one-day-tourneys channel

Type !Coin-toss for coin toss in channel or you can do coin toss in game

Challonge link: https://challonge.com/JeffQuery

Bummed no Tomcazk this weekend and also a down time for all leagues so seeing if anyone is interested in a live online tourney this Saturday March 21. I know this has been tried with varying levels of success before. Thinking double elim but will decide once I have a final number. Tomczak rules in effect (see below). Start at 7pm central. $20 to the winner. You would have 15 mins to start your game once it is announced or its a forfeit to keep things moving. So you would have to be available to play for the duration of the tourney. Commish call on who advances (possible both would not advance). 

Sign up here, DM on discord, and/or check out #one-day-tourneys channel on discord. All updates and realtime tourney announcements will be on there

Some notes:

- I'm trying to work it so non hosters can participate but reserve the right to decide a 2 non hosters game by a coin-flip. Hope it wont come to that and working on a solution.

- War Machine's Thunderdome rankings will be used for seeding

-Tomczak Bowl Game Setup rules - https://tomczakbowl.com/rules/

Game Setup
Before each game the following steps will be followed:

1.One person rolls a die to determine which tier they get for the match (Tiers 1-5). Both players will choose between the teams available in that particular tier. If a 6 is rolled then the person will simply roll again. No changing tiers even if both players agree. The die is king in the land of Tecmo.
2.After the tier is determined a manual coin-flip will precede each game. The coin-flip winner can choose the matchup (i.e. the two teams) from the determined team tier or defer the matchup choice to the coin-flip loser.

-If the winner chooses the matchup, the winner is given the P1 controller, and the loser chooses his choice of the two teams in the matchup.
            -If the winner defers the matchup choice, the winner is given the P2 controller, the loser will then choose the matchup and the winner will select his choice of the two teams.
            -Players can use the same match choice more than once in this tournament if the opportunity arises.
3. Once teams and controllers are established, both players are allowed to make and modifications to their team’s playbook and starting roster. A WR/TE cannot carry the football unless it is a reverse. You can insert a WR or TE into a RB slot for lead blocking purposes, but he cannot carry the football. To further clarify, players such as Ernest Givins, Ricky Sanders, and Andre Rison cannot carry the football unless it is a reverse. No Lurching.

TecmoTiers8.0

Edited by MadTownSpliffStars

Posted (edited)

Participants:

1)MadTown

2)Thrash

3)PaskDaYooper

4)The Mack

5)RandyWags

6)Dueceloose

7)KMolnar

8)Nos

9) Justin Peters

10)Tundra Yeti

11) Jonny V

12) Tecmo Bo

13) Rico

14) Prime

15) AC Slater

16) Scotty Wags

17) riddler

18)Speed

19) 8bit

20) shotgun

Wait list:

Icon

Primetime

Ptitteri

Hank

Akihiko

Edited by MadTownSpliffStars

Tomzack Bowl tiers are Shweet. Not sure if I will be around, I'll chime in closer to 7pm. Nice job MadTown