1995 Tecmo Super Bowl NES ROM?

msimon

Did anybody ever complete a 1995 NES ROM? The official sequels for SNES and Sega Genesis are brutal in my opinion. Would love to play a season with the 1995 Bears...Erik Kramer, Rashan Salaam, Jeff Graham Curtis Conway...a thousand yard rusher and two thousand yard wide receivers. If you know of one, can you please send me a link? I found ROMS for 1994 (where Kramer and Conway were rated much lower than I expected) and 1999, but nothing for 1995. Thanks!

9-7 and they didn't make the playoffs. Kramer was a top passer that year, sure, but he was not known for great arm strength. I would give him probably 50 Passing Speed and 63 Pass Control. The rusher had over 1000 yards but he was 13th in the league. The receivers were 10th and 20th. This is not the Oilers or Rams, or a top tier RB. This is only a slightly above average team. I'm thinking similar to the Bengals offense on the original, without Ickey Woods and Rodney Holman. 

I can't argue with you on those points but still a fun team to watch. Kramer to Graham and Kramer to Conway all season long was quite the show. Regardless, you know anything about a 1995 NES ROM? Some people were talking about creating one but I didn't see a link to download anything. Was a great year for the NFL, so would love to check out the other teams as well.

On 3/19/2020 at 4:35 AM, msimon said:

I can't argue with you on those points but still a fun team to watch. Kramer to Graham and Kramer to Conway all season long was quite the show. Regardless, you know anything about a 1995 NES ROM? Some people were talking about creating one but I didn't see a link to download anything. Was a great year for the NFL, so would love to check out the other teams as well.

It's probably an underrepresented year because there were 30 teams. You either have to make a 28-team rom and leave off the expansion teams, or take 2 teams off a 32-team rom, which I find to be an annoying additional thing you have to do, unless there is a 30-team rom out there already. 

4 hours ago, msimon said:

That makes sense. So my understanding is that the answer is no. Even though there is a 1999 ROM available for download on this site (despite the number of teams), it looks like there is no 1995 ROM. Thanks!

There were a couple special reasons why the '99 season may have been made. One is that it was the season that the Browns came back so someone may have wanted to play with that team. It also was the year that the greatest show on turf won the Super Bowl.

Got it thanks. I am still pouting about no 1995 but I'm not a developer so I have no right to bich lol. I appreciate everyone's efforts to make these yearly ROMs possible. I have had a gigantic amount of fun with the 1982 Bengals, the 1985 Bears, and the 1972/1999 Dolphins. These teams kick ass!