Knobbe

NFL 2020-21 Season Discussion

9 hours ago, Knobbe said:

If he can get through a season with the Jets at this age he truly is one of the great running backs of all time

I'm surprised they even signed him, considering they have Le'Veon Bell.

Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2020 at 8:49 PM, TecmoSuperFan said:

I'm surprised they even signed him, considering they have Le'Veon Bell.

I imagine they’re trying to limit Bell’s touches in-between the tackles in the red zone. Bell was a bad pickup by the Jets no matter what way you shake it. He was their only productive player last year. Another year or two of the 2019 season, and Bell will be lucky to come out of it alive. 

Edited by Yak

1 hour ago, Yak said:

I imagine they’re trying to limit Bell’s touches in-between the tackles in the red zone. Bell was a bad pickup by the Jets no matter what way you shake it. He was their only productive player last year. Another year or two of the 2019 season, and Bell will be lucky to come out of it alive. 

And the rookie Perine will be in the mix for touches too. Adam Gase is not a Bell fan at all either and will not make changes to his offensive scheme to fit what Bell does best. Here's a good article that sheds some light on the issues with Bell and Gase:

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-adam-gase-leveon-bell-offense-rushing-20200501-dli6uqulgjg2bffcv7eqgne3le-story.html

IMO Gase isn't the offensive genius people try to make him out to be. A good coach adapts his scheme to his player's strengths. Gase is stuck doing the only thing he knows how to do.

Melvin Gordon with the sick San Diego football fan burn. :D:D:D

"Bro, we didn't have fans anyway," Gordon said while laughing. "We didn't have many Chargers fans at the game. I'm just going to be honest. We didn't have many Chargers fans at the game. Much loyalty, love, but we didn't have many. So I'm not missing anything."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29240242/melvin-gordon-says-chargers-home-games-prepped-playing-no-fans

Edited by Yak

This guy was singlehandedly the front office reason that the Colts ate shit during the Andrew Luck years. This guy has earned so many more jeers than he’s been given. I’m truly sorry, Cleveland Browns fans. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29241047/ex-indianapolis-colts-gm-ryan-grigson-joins-cleveland-browns-staff-top-adviser

Edited by Yak