Knobbe

NFL 2020-21 Season Discussion

For the first time in a very long time, I really don’t feel like I have any idea what the Patriots and Tom Brady are going to do with his contract. 

No idea if he wants to stick around.

No idea if Belichick wants to keep him around, or can convince Kraft to NOT keep him around.

No idea what motivates Tom Brady to keep playing at this point.

Another championship? Any championship? A championship without the Hoodie? A championship with a max contract (not for the Patriots)? Winning a championship out West? Having more control over an offense than he already does? Really, no idea. No contract talks while the CBA is being negotiated. 

Anything is possible, in my mind.

Edited by Yak

Honestly, i feel like this is a ploy by Brady to tease other suitors before he resigns with the Patriots.  Though if he does go to play somewhere else, i figure it won't be too much longer for Belichick as Patriots head coach.

My best guess regarding Brady?  I he does decide to sign with another team, it's so he'd have an opportunity to play and beat the Patriots.  Otherwise, the only thing that the whole free agency thing might be about is that Brady might honestly be considering retirement.  With an emphasis on considering.

I’m nervous tbh. I’m also a loyalist. I’ll take an 0-16 Pats Brady over a Tom in a different uniform. 

5-10 years ago I would have had a slight interest to see him prove the “system” haters wrong, but the guy is 42. 

15 minutes ago, Bodom said:

I’m nervous tbh. I’m also a loyalist. I’ll take an 0-16 Pats Brady over a Tom in a different uniform. 

What about if Belichick announces that Tom Brady has moved upstate to live on a nice farm where other Patriots greats are living out their days?

13 minutes ago, Bodom said:

Agreed. I'd rather a guaranteed losing team for the next five (ten?) years over watching him wear another jersey.

On 2/29/2020 at 12:14 AM, TecmoSuperFan said:

Though if he does go to play somewhere else, i figure it won't be too much longer for Belichick as Patriots head coach.

You are saying that Belichick won't be successful without Brady and he already has an 11 win season with Matt Cassel that proves otherwise

22 minutes ago, Knobbe said:

You are saying that Belichick won't be successful without Brady and he already has an 11 win season with Matt Cassel that proves otherwise

Knobbe is correct. If Brady goes, then Kraft gave the approval for it to happen. Belichick will be just fine.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Knobbe said:

Ehhh. Don’t forget the season before they went 16-0. That’s -5 wins. It was also a weak schedule and they missed the playoffs. 

Edited by Bodom

Posted (edited)

hqdefault.jpg

personally I think it's good that this inaugural season of XFL got terminated.

'cause, if they're gonna fuck AAF, then FUCK xfl.

Edited by Bolt

Still might have a chance if he's self-quarantining in Boston

{Brady turns on Boston sports radio}

He gone

1 hour ago, Knobbe said:

image.jpeg

Yeah it's gone daddy gone
Your love is gone
Gone daddy gone
The love is gone away

Also, I find it completely disrespectful that you took your opportunity to be the first one to post about this. ;)

2 minutes ago, Yak said:

Also, I find it completely disrespectful that you took your opportunity to be the first one to post about this. ;)

@Bodom was first