My Jets Season

Silvertone1696

Hello fellow tecmo friends, I'm new to this version as I played the sega version ad nauseum but never this one so this is a treat. I decided to start my first season with the Jets

Game 1 
Jets 42 
Tampa Bay 7

O'Brien - 11-15 335 yds 4 Tds 2 INTs
Thomas - 9 rushes 57 yards 2 Tds
Toon - 120 yds
Boyer - 150 yds 3 Tds 

The New York Jets finish their inaugural season with a respectable record of 11-5 and a wild card berth. I was delighted with how  challenging the game was through the season. I lost to Buffalo twice, and finished just 1-3 vs the NFC central with losses to Detroit, Green Bay, and Chicago. The Jets are a nice team but struggle because they really don't have any stars. Blair Thomas is a fairly good back and Al Toon is a solid wideout but they both aren't stars. The defense certainly had their struggles with INTs especially, with McMillan grabbing 4 and Stargell with 3 and the other two DBs just one apiece. Kyle Clifton is heralded as one of the best cover LBs in the game but I got just one pick all season with him. Byrd did lead the league in sacks for awhile but fell out of the top 10 and finished with 14.

Kenny O'Brien had a nice season but he showed some glaring inconsistency and struggled vs the leagues best. Chicago caused me fits and caused 3 O'Brien .picks. He really suffers when he drops to bad or even average with overthrows and accuracy issues. He finished with 63 TDs and 12 INTs and 5200 yards. 6 receivers had 500 yards and 5 had at least 8 TDs. Rob Moore was solid all season and was in excellent for about half the games finishing with 20 Tds and 1100+ yards. Blair Thomas had a solid season rushing for 600 yards and 12 TDs.

Playoffs

Wild Card - Tony Eason fills in for Obrien and throws for 300 plus in a big win over the Dolphins 38-28.

Up Next Buffalo in a monumental rematch. O'Brien will start with both QBs in average.

• 3 months later...

No onside-kick was recovered by me ...

In a quest to go undefeated - not sure I've ever done that before with the Jets - trailing S.D 0-17 late~ish in the 3rd, i shot-up to 12-0 just-now:

21-17:  Last TD was scored (to cap an 80-yd drive) with only 33 seconds left.  O'Brien to Toon.  And both of them were in BAD.

(They had time for one more play, after kickoff.

Incomplete.)

#DidItForGeorge

#FuckThePolice