War Machine

Thunderdome 12 Game Recaps: GROUP PLAY

Challonge Link:  https://challonge.com/e0ivw1jh

Matchup Call Tracker:  https://tecmobowl.org/forums/topic/71235-thunderdome-12-matchup-call-tracker/?tab=comments#comment-503411

Please post your game recaps in this thread.  If you stream your game, i still need to know some of the details to help track matchup calls.  Please try to include the following in your recap:

• Your Group (e.g. Group A)
  • Who won toss
  • Matchup called by coin toss winner
  • Team that coin toss loser chose
  • Brief happenings of the game (doesnt need to be a novel) or link to your youtube/twitch video or stream.

• Group B
  • JBrooks won toss
  • Called CIN-RAM
  • AC picked RAM

AC won 33-14

JBrooks was all up in my head, picking my plays lefts and right. Both lost a fumble in the first half to equal out but then the tecmo gods hit JBrooks for a second one deep in his own end while trying to score the go-ahead TD/FG. 

Score is NOT representative of the how close the game was. JBrooks had ball in 4th Q with score tied 14-14, but second fumble came. RAM hits JJ on final play of game as well. 

Edited by ACSlater

• Group L as in #Lewis
  • kamp won toss
  • kamp called Dal Phx
  • thrash took Dal
  • Lonnie Young had a pretty sweet drone JJ pick from out of nowhere, and both teams traded turnovers, Johnny Johnson lived up to his fumble-itis rep but the Cardinals were able to pull away late to a 24-0 win.

- Group D as is D Best

- Nelson won toss

- Called Chi KC

- I took Chi

So I’m so sad the nsv desynched because this one was a really good game. Game is kinda fuzzy minus the end where it mattered. Nelson went for it twice in the red zone and ended up coming short both times. Game came down to Nelson punching it in down 10-14 and Chi picked his play 3 times forcing him to go for it on 4th and goal. I think it was like 3 yards he needed and we ended up stopping Okoye forcing a turnover on downs. Chi ran the rest of the time out of the game. GG to Nelson and GLRW

Edited by duecethasa1nt

• Group L
  • Kamp won the toss
  • He called Indy Vs NE
  • I took NE
  • NE played good D forcing a 3 and out on Indy first dive. NE scores on a JJ TD to go up 7, after that if falls apart for Indy. A 4th down pass attempt in their own zone gets tipped and NE scores shortly after that. Toss in a loss fumble and a couple picks for Indy and they decided to go into half down 28-0. A nice JJ TD to Hester i believe gets them on the board though. NE takes this one 42-7. GG and GLRW Kamp.

JP51 vs Ptitteri as the 1 vs 2 seed for the E bracket.

• Your Group E
  • JP51 won the toss
  • JP51 called Dal vs TB
  • Ptitteri took TB
  • JP51 driving first drive and fumlbe goes to ptits. He gets the ball and scores. JP gets a score before half. Ptits gets ball and is stopped with a FG attempt that is blocked by Dallas. Dallas gets ball and we trade some TDs before dallas gets the winning score behind emmit with 18 seconds left to ice it. to note, aikman was 100% completions!
  • If you missed it go to http://twitch.tv/justinpeters51
Edited by justinpeters51

• Group J
  • PrimTime vs JPtheBowler
  • Primetime won the toss
  • PrimeTime called KC vs MIa
  • Player 2 aka (JP) Took Mia
  • PrimeTime got KC
  • .PrimeTime started out hot. PrimeTime scored with a run. PrimeTime scored with a pass. PrimeTIme even scored on defense. Mia scores on a covered CC for its first TD to go down 35-7 PrimeTime couldn’t stop that......Primetime/Player1/KC 35-7
  • Primetime won/Player1 won/KC won 35-7

Group N:

JJT vs Kmolnar

JJT won toss and called Jets/Dallas

Kmolnar took Jets cause Aikman

KMolnar started off with a 1q killing drive to go up 7-0. Dallas offense stalled for most of the first half (running game was working, Aikman sucked). Jets were able to go up 10-0 to end the half. Nothing happened in the 3rd q, Dallas got a td w/ 3 mins to go. Dal kicked an onside. Jets fumbled. Dallas got to midfield, on a 4th and 1, a jets DT got through to make a game saving tackle, stopping smith to -1 on the run. Jets killed the clock. Great game JJT. GLRW

• Group D, Nelson vs Baxter
  • Who won toss:  Nelson
  • Nelson called Seattle vs. New England.  
  • I took New England.
  • We trade scores to start.  7-7.  Then I catch a break or two.  Wilson to Fryar is hot.  And RB Adams goes into good...meaning 38ms!  Patriots win 24-7.  GG Nelson.

nelson.jpg

• Group D
  • Duece won toss
  • Duece chose GB - CLE
  • I took CLE
  • CLE takes it 21-14 after a de-sync in the 4th quarter up 14-7.  Kosar hits Slaughter go up 21-7 and Majik gets a garbage time TD.  GG duece GLRW!
Edited by tadaos

• Group C
  • 8-bit vs Tails
  • 8-bit picked Tails won the toss
  • 8-bit called DAL v PHX
  • Player 2 aka (Tails) Took PHX
  • 8-bit got DAL
  • This was a close game. Tails put up a good fight. He had 2 INT's, which put him in position to do some damage, but RB Smith was able to put over 100 rushing yards together and keep some drives moving. DAL had a nice 4th down conversion that ended in a scoring drive that was the difference.  In the 4th Q DAL was short of the ENDZONE by some stellar D by PHX and had to kick a FG to go up 17-7. Tails was able to put together a nice final drive to score 7 on a picked play run 4 with the QB off tackle.
  • 8-bit won/Player1 won/DAL won/ 17-14 FINAL
  • GG TAILS, glrw
Edited by 8-bit

• Group D
  • Nelson79 won toss
  • Nelson79 chose PHI - RAMS
  • I took RAMS
  • Defense optional as both teams move up and down into OT where a deep CC to Ellard sets up RAMS for the game winning FG 31-28 GG GLRW!

Edited by tadaos

•  Group C
  • 8-bit vs rdleifriaf
  • 8-bit won the toss
  • 8-bit called S.D v DEN
  • rdleifriaf took PHX and 8-bit got DAL
  • This was a super close game with no stops/turnovers that went into overtime at 21-21 after a 6:00 drive in the 3rd/4th by rdleifriaf to tie it up. rdleifriaf won the coin toss in OT and marched down the field with a good condition Elway and excellent condition Bobby for the win.
  • GG 8-bit and GLRW